Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Best car I have ever purchased
By Alex McSane

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Low maintenance. Change the oil and drive. No problems.

Best SUV Ever!!!
By mike1997

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck now has over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Bought it used in 2005 with about 70,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been to the fuel pump and rear AC. The truck sits up high so it makes you feel safe. The power from thr 5.3 liter Vortec engine is amazing.

Bose Sound System, Heated Seats

Nothing to complain about

not bad for a first ride
By a newby

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I cant remember when we got this SUV, but needless to say it has been a very enjoyable vehicle. although the fuel pump did go out a few weeks ago. It was fixed and now its running pretty good. seats are great, sound system is great. the power windows, ehh, not so much...oh yeah. city mpg poor, highway isn't that bad. 'all round i rather enjoy driving a big mean evil gas guzzling suv. especially knowing that I'm destroying the environment (being sarcastic) lol. run the premium stuff around the table in it and the Tahoe will last.

that nifty 5.3. the Bose sounds system. comfort. handling. surprisingly nimble (saved from many wrecks by that). the friends all love it.

It's been 7 years right? I think gm might have picked up on the suggested improvements. Anyway. Brakes brakes and brakes. A manual version would be different. Work on the interior. Ditch the plastic dash and use better paint on the radio controls, 1k more for better quality wouldn't seem that bad

Great reliability, Bad build qualty
By R1der2002

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

The size, The MPG for the size, reliability

Build quality, Fit and finish

Love My Tahoe!
By Canary

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Tahoe raised 2 grandchildren and chauffeured many. Two more g'children live 13.5 hrs from home; Tahoe is great for traveling. Awesome Front/Rear climate controls and media ports. Jan. 08, woman ran light going 65 mph; hit driver door; crushed left front wheel; and damaged front cap. Entire impact below passenger level; air bags not deployed. Had bump on head and small cut on hand. Two passengers in other vehicle critically injured. Police officer behind me said if I hadn't hesitated she'd have been hit and they'd be cutting what was left of her out of her cruiser. Did have problem w/leaking head gasket @ 80K. Tahoe has 104,000K, is safe, reliable & my V-8 got 19.94 mpg last wk.

Ease of adjusting seating; third row seating is a must; media ports are great; lift gate keeps rain off my groceries and my head while loading into the super-convenient cargo net; rear storage compartment is nice.

Brighter back-up lights and more reliable rear window washer