Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Best SUV Ever!!!
By mike1997

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck now has over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Bought it used in 2005 with about 70,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been to the fuel pump and rear AC. The truck sits up high so it makes you feel safe. The power from thr 5.3 liter Vortec engine is amazing.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, Heated Seats

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to complain about

not bad for a first ride
By a newby

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I cant remember when we got this SUV, but needless to say it has been a very enjoyable vehicle. although the fuel pump did go out a few weeks ago. It was fixed and now its running pretty good. seats are great, sound system is great. the power windows, ehh, not so much...oh yeah. city mpg poor, highway isn't that bad. 'all round i rather enjoy driving a big mean evil gas guzzling suv. especially knowing that I'm destroying the environment (being sarcastic) lol. run the premium stuff around the table in it and the Tahoe will last.

Favorite Features

that nifty 5.3. the Bose sounds system. comfort. handling. surprisingly nimble (saved from many wrecks by that). the friends all love it.

Suggested Improvements

It's been 7 years right? I think gm might have picked up on the suggested improvements. Anyway. Brakes brakes and brakes. A manual version would be different. Work on the interior. Ditch the plastic dash and use better paint on the radio controls, 1k more for better quality wouldn't seem that bad

Great reliability, Bad build qualty
By R1der2002

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

Favorite Features

The size, The MPG for the size, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, Fit and finish

Love My Tahoe!
By Canary

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Tahoe raised 2 grandchildren and chauffeured many. Two more g'children live 13.5 hrs from home; Tahoe is great for traveling. Awesome Front/Rear climate controls and media ports. Jan. 08, woman ran light going 65 mph; hit driver door; crushed left front wheel; and damaged front cap. Entire impact below passenger level; air bags not deployed. Had bump on head and small cut on hand. Two passengers in other vehicle critically injured. Police officer behind me said if I hadn't hesitated she'd have been hit and they'd be cutting what was left of her out of her cruiser. Did have problem w/leaking head gasket @ 80K. Tahoe has 104,000K, is safe, reliable & my V-8 got 19.94 mpg last wk.

Favorite Features

Ease of adjusting seating; third row seating is a must; media ports are great; lift gate keeps rain off my groceries and my head while loading into the super-convenient cargo net; rear storage compartment is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter back-up lights and more reliable rear window washer

Best Car Ever
By Jon

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Honestly, I think this is the best car gm made lately. We bought it in 03 with 26k on it and now it have almost 160k and I haven't had any Major issues at all! Only done preventative maintenance and it has never (I mean never!) let me down. I've gone all over the country, pulled a trailer for over 1000 miles at a time, hauled tons of stuff and it just keeps going. It has hands down outperformed any vehicle I have ever had. (including imports) we just purchased a lower mileage Yukon and I kept the Tahoe with my business. I'm going to see just how far it will go (I'm guessing 300k or so) we'll see!

Favorite Features

comfort,room,ability,dependability,and about the best value I've seen in a GM

Suggested Improvements

GM-change back to the 00-06 tahoe, the news ones look cheap to me(on the outside-plastic bumpers and no chrome)