Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Keeps going and going....
By upnorth5

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 03' Z71 4x4 with 5.3 flex fuel. Currently has 202,600 miles. This truck has been amazing, best truck we have owned. Sure there are some annoyances, steering half shafts do go out once and a while (we've replaced 2 of them) and our speedometer stuck too like some others but nothing major. We pull a 5,000 pound boat regularly and have throughout the trucks life with no problems. We've only put brakes on it twice and we're on our third set of Goodyear Wrangler ATS tires. Smooth, comfortable, and amazingly reliable, has never failed to start during a Minnesota winter. Hope our new Tahoe LTZ treats us as nice, we pick it up tomorrow.

Good SUV
By bear63

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this a few months ago, 03 Z71, 138k miles. I love the vehicle but not impressed with mpg. Getting around 14-15 highway. I find it hard to believe people are getting 17-20 mpg. I would be ecstatic if I could get that. Just found out this morning have to have the wheel bearing replaced on the front passenger wheel. Also the heated seat (driver) is coming on by itself. Not sure whats up with that. Other than that, very comfortable, good ride, good handling, nice turn radius. It is a used vehicle so I dont expect it to be perfect.

Comfort, handling, performance.

Best SUV Ever!!!
By mike1997

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck now has over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Bought it used in 2005 with about 70,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been to the fuel pump and rear AC. The truck sits up high so it makes you feel safe. The power from thr 5.3 liter Vortec engine is amazing.

Bose Sound System, Heated Seats

Nothing to complain about

Perfect family and work SUV
By maysan

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my 2003 Tahoe 4x4 Police Package 4.8 V8, only 60K. 285/77/R16s. Border Patrol ordered it with a 4inch suspension lift. Perfect clearence. The 4.8 engine is great. I added small upgrades: K&N intake system, Computer chip to regulate air-flow and temp; and finally a DiabloSport Computer programer. All about $500. The engine is a beast now. It also has the cooling system for both the engine and tranny fluids. I recommend the updgrades to all Tahoe lovers. All upgrades from Ebay. [non-permissible content removed]. Upgrades gave it lots of power, and great gas mileage. 26HWY & 20 city. Perfect all around.

Federal Government owned Tahoes with low mileage are a great investment. They are well taken care of. The price is great. The police package upgrades are unmatched. With a few extra upgrades on your own will transform it to a wild beast.

K&N Air Intake, Computer Chip to regulate the air flow and Temp; and finally the DiabloSport computer performance programer. You will be very pleased with the power and gas mileage from these small upgrades.

Love my 4 GM SUVs
By Joane

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Chevy Tahoe z71 is one of four gm suvs I have owned. The 1996 suburban was excellent but a bit big for me. My 1999 Yukon was awesome, averaged 20 mpg, and sold the day I put a for sale sign on it 6 years and 156k miles later. The 2003 z71 is the best design, averages 21 mpg, has the most creature comforts, us the best off road vehicle and at 126k is still in excellent condition. I just purchased a new 2009 Yukon hybrid which is loaded, has an awesome zippy engine, overwhelming new technologies that I may some day learn to use, and is stylish by today's standards. Off road use is iffy because of the new front bumper being too low to the ground, but it is also get 21 mpg. I am a fan.

Size, safety, comfort, multiple uses, style and power.

My 2003 Z71 is my idea of the perfect vehicle. I actually prefer it over my brand new 2009 Yukon Hybrid.