2003 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Best SUV Ever!!!
By mike1997 on 02/05/12 18:32 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck now has over 250,000 miles and still running strong. Bought it used in 2005 with about 70,000 miles on it. Only repairs have been to the fuel pump and rear AC. The truck sits up high so it makes you feel safe. The power from thr 5.3 liter Vortec engine is amazing.

not bad for a first ride
By a newby on 05/22/10 08:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I cant remember when we got this SUV, but needless to say it has been a very enjoyable vehicle. although the fuel pump did go out a few weeks ago. It was fixed and now its running pretty good. seats are great, sound system is great. the power windows, ehh, not so much...oh yeah. city mpg poor, highway isn't that bad. 'all round i rather enjoy driving a big mean evil gas guzzling suv. especially knowing that I'm destroying the environment (being sarcastic) lol. run the premium stuff around the table in it and the Tahoe will last.

Great reliability, Bad build qualty
By R1der2002 on 04/11/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

Love My Tahoe!
By Canary on 12/11/09 10:44 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Tahoe raised 2 grandchildren and chauffeured many. Two more g'children live 13.5 hrs from home; Tahoe is great for traveling. Awesome Front/Rear climate controls and media ports. Jan. 08, woman ran light going 65 mph; hit driver door; crushed left front wheel; and damaged front cap. Entire impact below passenger level; air bags not deployed. Had bump on head and small cut on hand. Two passengers in other vehicle critically injured. Police officer behind me said if I hadn't hesitated she'd have been hit and they'd be cutting what was left of her out of her cruiser. Did have problem w/leaking head gasket @ 80K. Tahoe has 104,000K, is safe, reliable & my V-8 got 19.94 mpg last wk.

Best Car Ever
By Jon on 08/05/09 08:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Honestly, I think this is the best car gm made lately. We bought it in 03 with 26k on it and now it have almost 160k and I haven't had any Major issues at all! Only done preventative maintenance and it has never (I mean never!) let me down. I've gone all over the country, pulled a trailer for over 1000 miles at a time, hauled tons of stuff and it just keeps going. It has hands down outperformed any vehicle I have ever had. (including imports) we just purchased a lower mileage Yukon and I kept the Tahoe with my business. I'm going to see just how far it will go (I'm guessing 300k or so) we'll see!

Frustrated
By learned my lesson on 03/25/09 11:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Problems almost from jumpstreet- rattles, engine noises, 2 batteries in 10 months, display cluster replaced, check engine light is pretty much a constant precense which dealership never can quite repair- transmission issues- Was a Toyota buyer and wife talked me into saving about $6K by buying the Tahoe over the Sequoia- never again

'03 Tahoe
By Shirley D. on 09/12/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

While not the most gas efficient, considering the size, I still get an average of 17 mpg. I love it, it's comfortable, reliable and safe. Outside of the general oil changes, tire rotations and one recent brake job and a/c repair, I have not had to do anything to it but drive and enjoy it. Recommend to anyone. Good quality vehicle. Bought used in '03 with 35,000 miles, I now have over 119,000 on it and it is still going strong, looks and runs like new! Hope to keep it a few more years!

Great Truck
By kstall3 on 08/08/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in 2004 with 19,000 miles. I have had very few problems in the last 4 four years. My fuel pump did go out, but I have observed that happens on all Chevy trucks, you have to factor that into the cost. My fuel economy is pretty good for having over 300 HP and 33inch tires (after market). I love this truck and don't have any plans to trade in.

Money Pit
By Kiki on 01/12/08 15:32 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe, but I have had many problems with it. The intermediate shaft's gone out twice. The actuator for the vent control's going out (will eventually lose control over where the a/c and heat come out). Speedometer cluster went out. Passenger window's getting slow. Steering wheel and driver door sqeak uncontrollably (door bolt costs $100 to fix). Chevy says actuator, intermediat shaft, and speedometer cluster problems are common in Tahoes with this body style. Not sure if I'll ever buy another one. All of the problems have been expensive and made me dislike the car that I once loved. Not worth the money. The new ones would have to be totally different for me to buy one.

2nd SUV
By 2nd SUV on 10/19/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the SUV new, and had some initial problems with the locks. It had to be taken to the dealership several times before they finally got the problem fixed. The front end wasn't aligned when I bought the SUV and it took two trips to get that properly aligned. At about 40000 miles, the speedometer quit working and the whole gauge unit had to be rebuilt. It now gets about 2 mpg less than when new. The only other repairs that have been needed is when my son literally drove it through a brick wall. It only had a couple of scratches and dents, and the exterior mirrors had to be replaced; but it was drivable and I made my son drive it until the garage got the parts to fix it.