2002 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Like a knock, it was

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Like a knock, it was loud as it could be
By The knocker on

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been bitten by the piston slap GM engine at less than 25k miles. The dealership is hesitant to do anything other than give me the "carbon-top runaround." I'd be wary to ever own another GM product. The warranty isn't worth the paper it was written on. At this point the dealers refuse to look at the truck when I tell them that the engine is making noise. Sadly, my next vehicle purchase (Jan 05) will be affected by this unfortunate situation.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling is beautiful, to me. I like it more than the new Tahoe. The interior also gets good marks, except no sunglass holder. The fold down seats work better than my previous Yukon.

Suggested Improvements

Replace all the piston-slapping DEFECTIVE engines. The engine should be just as nice as the rest of my $40k truck.The steering has a weird rattle to it. The dealer(s) can not pinpoint it. The auto traction "chickwalks" on dry pavement. I leave it turned off. Stereo is weak.