2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Overall Excellent, couple of q

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

Overall Excellent, couple of quirks
By Dave S on

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Amazing that people complain about gas mileage on a large SUV that pulls almost 9,000lbs. I've had my Tahoe for 6 years and will never sell it (I've never kept a car longer than 5 years). ZERO repairs, only maint. The ONLY thing that REALLY bothers me is my Onstar was ANALOG and was canceled a couple years ago by GM with no opportunity to upgrade, even if I paid for it. It WAS one of my favorite features. The most surprising characteristic...the ride! It rides like a car on the highway, very smooth. Power is awesome, and since I avg. 75 on CA freeways, mileage is normal. The AUTO 4wd is superb, trany strong, and the Vortec engines are bulletproof. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

RIDE! Heated Seats, Auto 4wd, storage, power outlets (also in rear), flat folding rear seats (HUGE FOR ME), SUPER tight turning circle (EASY PARKING). Door locks at rear of vehicle.

Interior plastics a bit cheap feeling. Can't think of a anything else.