2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Sweet SUV
By Denver, CO on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Z71 for two weeks now. Absolutely love it. Smooth ride, good looks, and tons of power. The Z71 Package is the way to go if you do not need the third seat. GM, you're on the right track finally!

Tahoe review
By Quentin Schraderq on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

No problems and fun to drive. The best Tahoe ever made.

Tahoe 02
By Tahoe086 on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

the Tahoe is great...towing is easy and power is huge...i done have any complaints other than fuel economy...

Autoride Alert
By AlexP on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Beware. Do NOT get the Autoride option on this vehicle. I have had mine to the dealership three times because the vehicle is extremely unstable. It feels like the vehicle is in a constant crosswind and the driver has to fight to keep it on the road. My wife is afraid to drive it. Any road irregularity and it bobs, wiggles and undulates while trying to wander right or left. The autoride system is constantly trying to keep the vehicle level or adjust to the road but it ends up causing gyrations that frighten me. Instead of being relaxed after driving it I am stressed and on edge. Autoride in my opinion is unsafe and a hazard. DO NOT get the autoride

Chevy
By Alias99999 on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had 5 4runners in a row. decided to try an American car. Very nice, but only time will tell if i'm a convert.

Tahoe LS
By K9 transport on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our tahoe for over a year now. Ours has no 3rd row seat and the cargo area is used to transport our dogs. We should've bought the suburban and that is my advise. Just get the bigger one and get it over with, the size is less overwhelming over time and you actually get use to the size. All in all awsome vehicle and would buy another one, probably the Yukon XL, since it's a bit more attractive. A rattle in the dash is been bugging me too.

2002 Dark Blue
By MOFac on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my 2002 LS 2wd Tahoe. I feel I got a great deal- I upgraded to the third row seat,with the lift gate and leather seats- with the 2002 rebate I paid $29,000 plus tt&l. I am very much impressed with the comfort and smooth ride. I am getting great mileage (16.5 city; 17.5 highway). I definitely recommend this vehicle!

Z71 Rocks!
By Farm Man on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our Z71 takes the rugged farm we enjoy with ease, holds two 100lb. dogs with ease and after a good cleaning can hold it's own with any SUV out on the market! We are very selective in our SUV choices and the Z71 model caught our attention!

Can't get it out of my mind
By Tahoe liker on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving a Tahoe LT Autoride for work for the last 3 months until very recently when vehicles were no longer provided. The problem now is that I have grown so found of the vehicle I really want one. I just don't want to pay the high ticket price for a new vehicle. Should of never got in that new one, because now I think I am going to have to spring for one. Great vehicle. Served all my needs very well...safe family hauler, smooth ride, power, boat tower, looks good, fun to drive.

2002 Tahoe LS 4x4 w/ 5.3
By bug! on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great power,smooth ride and lots of space! I have also been getting good gas mileage (18-20.5 mpg). However, I am dissapointed in the interior. The fabric on the cushions of my seats was not sewn well at all. Also, after riding in a Toyota Sequoia, I realize how small and relatively uncomfortable the Tahoe back seat is. Also, despite its weight and wide tires (265/70 R16), it gets blown around in the wind. When you have a substantial side-wind, you get a lot of leaks in the door and along the floor. One more thing, the bench seat option doesn't have a good range of adjustments for the seats. Short drivers might have a hard time. I'm 6'1" and I keep the seat as high as it will go.