Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Excellent Ride
By elgantis

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Tahoe rides much smoother than I expected any SUV to handle. It is a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

The leather seats and auto/4wd combine for superior comfort and worry free handling

Suggested Improvements

Offer a third seat for the Z-71 models.

Tahoe
By lilskimo

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Tahoe has been everything I expected. Even with the smaller engine it has great pickup even on the freeway. The standard package provides so much comfort there is no need to add any extras.

Favorite Features

The interior of the 2002 is actually better than the 2003.

Suggested Improvements

The braking system leaves something to be desired. If braking and hitting bumps at the same time there is some time for the abs to adjust. Fuel economy is not great. I average about 15 mpg

Pleasantly Surprised
By virtual geezer

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My wife chose this truck; at the time I would not have chosen such a large vehicle. However, after over two years of trouble-free performance, I'm a believer. Our Minnesota winters are harsh; the snow, sand and salt are tough on everything. But after two winters, our 2002 Tahoe still looks and performs as new. These are handsome, comfortable and durable vehicles.

Favorite Features

Excellent drivetrain Reliable as well as durable Superb seats and interior space Handles well for its size Metal bumpers

A great value for the money!
By kaushik

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A fantastic SUV for the money. I have the fancy, decked-out version with the optinal Z71 off-road package, which gives it a really taut, robust (albeit a teensy bit rough) ride. Corner handling is excellent for a bus this size. I currently have a little over 40,000 miles on it and the brakes are hardly half-way through!! I had a really bad experience with the brakes on the previous model (the previous body-style), but this is worlds better. Very comfy and roomy inside, the A/C is superb to control and maintain temperature. Very reliable so far, although I've only had it for a year-and-a-half!

Favorite Features

A/C is very efficient Heated outside mirrors are a blessing in cold areas Rear independent A/C controls Rear sound system controls Handrests on driver and passenger (front) seats

Suggested Improvements

Sound system could sound a lot better. Even with the built-in subwoofer, the sound is hardly better than a tin can Could use a tad bit more power in the Z71 version, although that would eat even more gas...

Quality Ride
By HerZ71

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe with the Z71 package for 3 months now and I love it. Leather seating is extremely comfortable and the ride is quiet even on the highway. Plenty of cargo room for transporting kids to college, grocery shopping, and even my new washing machine. Love the sporty Z71 exterior and pleasantly suprised at the turning radius.

Favorite Features

V8 power, spacious interior, rear temperature controls, and rear radio controls with headset capability (great for not having to listen to the kids' music on long trips).

Suggested Improvements

6 disc in dash CD. Gas mileage is not great but no less than I expected for a big SUV with a V8 engine.