2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
traded in toyota...
By Pewter Metallic LT on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We've been very pleased with our Tahoe. Boiled down to Sequoia vs. Tahoe-having been a satisfied toyota owner I chose Tahoe... Tahoe LT interior has a real luxury suv personality v. Sequoia with bland camry/tundra style appointments (just compare interior lighting style), Tahoe ride seems quieter and more refined, Tahoe's leather color seemed richer looking than sequoia's muddy brown or muddy gray.. We bought a fully loaded tahoe LT after rebates for less than price of Sequoia SR5... If the people at toyota would give the $40k Sequoia a more refined interior similar to that of their $30k Highlander SUV it would have been a much harder decision!

LOVE IT!!
By dem on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is so comfortable..it rides smooth, has great pick-up, can tow just about whatever you want, can fit lots of people comfortably. The only problem (other than sticker shock) is fuel economy.

Awesome
By whcc10s on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove everything out there for the past 6 months and the Z71 won hands down, Power, versatility, looks, and comfort. This truck has it all. I can't wait for my next road trip. It is a pleasure to drive.

Tahoe is the best!!
By ARDELCY on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

TAHOE HAS A SMOOTH RIDE. PLENTY OF LEG ROOM FRONT AND 2ND SEAT.

LT5.3 Tahoe
By Jake4 on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 5.3L is not as snappy as I thought it would be. A friend put dual exhaust on his, and gained 10+ HP plus gas milage. On a 2000 mile road trip, we averaged 19 mpg - however, if you go over 80, that turns into about 12 - 14

Great Choice? Oh Yeah!
By DanMeyers99 on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Prior to buying the Tahoe, I drove every competing model (Ford/Toyota/Dodge). Hands down I liked the Tahoe the best (ride, comfort,ameneties, price, etc.). So far, I love it! Everything else I looked at was over-priced for the total value I was getting in return and the Chevy was just too good compared to the others to pass up. Funny thing, I've never owned and American car/truck before and this Chevy Tahoe impresses the heck out of me every time I sit in it. Just awesome!

Hope it's good
By ppineda on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had Toyota or Honda vehicles all of my life. Since we have baby coming soon, we thought we'd get into a bigger vehicle and something with towing capacity since the tent is not going to cut it anymore. I have my fingers crossed and I hope i didn't get into a mess with this new vehicle. So far, 1200 miles or so, and no problems other than paying for gas. pp Oregon

Lazy boy on wheels
By holt on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable. A lazy boy on wheels..fine ride, lots of power, smooth as silk........

My Tahoe
By dgf on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe came with a set of wind detectors.They are located in the rear wheel wells.You would think the dealer would want to fix this.

GM employees don't care about quality.
By Adam123 on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

From the designers and engineers to the management, sales and marketing people, and the people building the Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon and Denali, it's clear that GM is "Like a Crock." These reviews are limited to 700 words, so I can't explain all the faults. Suffice it to say, I've had enough trouble to invoke the lemon law only to find my truck was "average."