2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
1st place in price & performance categor
By Cdd on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

2002 4WD 5.3L LT w/ Autoride suspension Loaded w/ all the bells & whistles except the sunroof which I don't really care for. This is my 1st big rig and it's surpassed my expectation. Exterior styling is conservative but looks good. Gas mileage is good for an engine this size. Autoride is a big plus when come to towing. I replaced the orginal tires & wheels after the 1st 2 wks owning it and now it looks better than ever. So far no problem.

We drove them all and this thing rules
By Mark Rasmussen on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I were looking for a bigger Suv than the current Lexus RX 300 we had. We headed over to the Cadillac Dealer and checked out the Escalades. Now I'm not going to lie, I love this truck. But I didnt love the $900 lease payment we would have had. Leaving the dealer we drove by the Chevrolet dealer and figured we'd go check out a Tahoe. The rest is history. This SUV, in my opinion is an incredible vehicle at any price. Never mind the fact that a fully loaded Tahoe will run you about 12k less than a no option Escalade. We Put on 20 wheels, billet Grill, exhaust, and removed all the emblems...and this thing looks REALLY GOOD! Now go get one!

Options
By Chas1955 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had it one day & love it much better than my 99 Silverado!

Tahoe-1
By macman on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned other SUV's, but the Tahoe is definitely delivers a lot more for the money. Overall the Tahoe has been reliable and fun to operate. The interior manufacturing quality and design is somewhat less than what I would expect from a $38,000 SUV. A few trim details have come loose and had to be repaired by the dealer. Door hinge spot-welds have come loose also requiring a trip back to the dealer. The interior could be improved without have to upgrade to the full leather package. Overall... very satisfied.

Smooth as Silk
By CCTX on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchace my Z71 Tahoe, and all I can say is WOW what a vehicle. This thing is quiet, stable, smooth, and powerful. This proves to me that America can build a great vehicle!

I agree with AlexP on autoride
By Kimiko Wakabayashi on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The autoride is really awful. The dealer said it would imporve stability but it makes the SUV handle like a drunken cow. It is terrible to drive in the highway and almost impossible to keep on the road. It feels like one of those old Caddilacs with Jello shocks with the tire air pressure at 6 pounds. We have a small boat and it feels like a 19 foot boat in 5 foot seas. It wiggles and wobbles and sways around where you need dramamine. Awful. Other than that and the gas mileage it is a great truck, or would be without the autoride.

Excellent So Far
By smithpcs on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have the 4.8L which is adequate. The size, space & comfort are excellent. Incredible options for the base 4Wd vehichle including AWD. 50/50 3rd row is superior to essentially all competition for ease of folding/removal & functionality (most are a 1-piece bench). Superior look, quality feel & ride vs. the competition.

Frustrated As Hell
By Garry98117 on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Recently upgraded from my 1998 Tahoe LT to this one. Big mistake, in under 4k mi. the power-steering pump shaft broke (making my return trip from the lake the best upper body workout of my life). After 3 days waiting for a new PS pump, got it back and now I am blowing interior light and sunroof fuses every 15 minutes for no apparent reason. Transmission clunks loudly when I pull my small boat, and still having trouble with climate control system (A/C goes on for no reason, and no it was not set on auto)! If possible I will unload this albatross and buy 1999 Landcruiser with 45k Mi.

2001 Tahoe
By WILLIAM on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is our 2nd Generation of Tahoe ownership. They just keep getting better and better. Weekly trips to the Jersey Shore give us an average of 20.9 M.P.G., The Auto-Ride option was well worth the additional money. Lease buy out at end of 3 yrs is 22,000. We will more than likley purchase this one.

2002 Tahoe LS w/ pref. equipt. group
By bige on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought a Loaded Tahoe LS. After driving Grand Cherokees for the last 6 years, I'm impressed by the overall solidness of Jeep's GM counter-parts. Test drove both 2002 Tahoes and Yukons and also Sequoia's, just for giggles. No real discernible difference between the Tahoe and the Yukon. Much V8 pep in both, the GMC was slightly more expensive and the dealers much less willing to deal, even during July 4th week. Made a pretty good deal thanks, in part to the present $2500 factory cash. This truck is just a blast to drive. Do check these beauties out.