Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
A Big Rock
By Fromsoca on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Tahoe brand new, within the first two months I had to have the radio replaced and the transmission started having problems not shifting out of 2nd gear, even at 50 mph. At about 6 months the idling arm had to be replaced. The transmission never went away and I returned it under Lemon Law. I then went bought a Silverado, that's a piece of junk too. I'm done with American cars.

GREAT DEAL! THANKS EDMUNDS!
By Z71man on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is really a great car, it rides nice, and we got a great deal because of edmunds, the sticker on it was $31,995 and we got it for a final price of $25,995! Can anyone believe this? Well don't go to your local dealer with this price since this was just 1 left of ten car that were to be sold to the Miami Beach Police Department and were over ordered, sure they may not have all the extras but those things can be added. The car does however have 4X4, the 5.3 V8, Z71 Suspension and the 3.73 gears WOW. Again thanks Edmunds.com

Tahoe Z71
By fkwalter on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Like Z71 very much. Had a Ford explorer and this is larger and towing has been great. Have 3500 lbs. camper and you do not you are towing the camper. Great towing power in mountains. Only have 3000 miles on vehicle so cannot commet on reliability yet!

the 5.3 tahoe is the mac daddy
By franchiselife on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

have owned various suvs including honda crv, ford explorer eddie bouer, 2002 gmc envoy, 2001 isuzu rodeo. my tahoe has the 5.3 and the 3.73 limited slip rear end with leather. that tow/haul switch, the engine power and the gearing all make towing our 6500 lb boat a breeze. i am very pleased. great value.

I should have bought one years ago
By TahoeFan on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

2002 2WD 5.3L LS Black with front buckets. What a great ride! Gobs of room for people and gear, lots of power, Great Brakes! I don't mind making a car payment after avoiding that for 12 years.

2002 Tahoe LT
By gindel on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We traded in our 97 jeep cherokee sport for this, and the difference (obviously) is night & day. Love the driver's seat memory.

Wonderful Tahoe
By ggwes on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Tahoe, especially on road trips. The ride is extremely comfortable. The truck has incredible power. I did not intend to get the third seat, but now we can't live without it. We can pack a ton of people in it.

THE SUV to Own!
By MCGOODY on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I traded my 96 LT 4WD Tahoe for a 2002 LT 4WD. What a difference! I loved my old one, but the new generation leaves the old one way behind. Better pep on the highway, greater comfort (the old one was very comfortable), attractive interior design, better amenities inside, quiet, solid body design and structure....get my point, yet? This is an awesome truck. Once you buy one, you won't go back. My wife will only drive foreign cars, but...she seeks to make an exception in this case. She constantly tries to switch with me. The 2002 Tahoe will turn your head, and change your mind.

Tahoe 02'LT
By Jarule on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 02'Tahoe LT. It's a great SUV. Warning. this vehicle has a great ride. One mus be careful in long trips because it will put you to sleep.

major upgrade
By Jimbo29 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

i recently purchased my new tahoe after having to trade my z71 pickup in... huge difference in room power and comfort...after paying $28 and some change p/ttt i got a great deal....all the leg room for front and rear passangers is a major selling point when i bought it....plus the bigger engine provides enough passing power at high way speeds