Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2002 Tahoe
By savern

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had a great overall experience with this Tahoe. Standard Maintenance is all that has been required. Just replaced the factory tires @ 71,000 miles.

Air cooled front seats.

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe
By Cindy

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe is the third Tahoe I have owned and the sixth SUV I have owned. Prior to purchasing my first SUV which was a Chevy two door Blazer I drove sports cars. I will never own another car, the Tahoe is the best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a total of sixteen cars in my life.

It sits up higher than a car so you can see what is going on in front of you. You simply feel safer in a Tahoe, the size and reliablity can not be beat.

The only thing I could think of suggesting to improve the Tahoe is to make it more fuel efficient. Other than that there is nothing else to improve on it looks better, rides better and is more dependable than any other vehicle on the road today.

Nice, powerful and reliable ride.
By SMac

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Even though I don't have anything or anyone to haul around, I love having the room if I need it. Actually, I did once deliver a new stove and it fit in the back with the seat folded down. Not great gas mileage - but I'm glad I have the power to get on the highway with no problems.

I love the stereo and all the extra lighting and hidy-holes in the interior.

As getting in and out seems to be wearing the edges of the front seats, a heavy duty panel on that area of the seats would help. Of course, if there were a way to get better gas mileage, say 20 mpg on the highway, that would be great.

2002 Tahoe
By DMeyer

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 97. This truck is hands down a much better truck. I have 55k on it and have had no problems. I tow a boat and have used for off road purposes while hunting. Also we use for our trips to CO for ski vacations. In all conditions it has been a great vehicle.

Overall driving comfort. Auto ride for towing and heavy loads. Body style, fit and finish.

Better brakes, they are a little soft, and factory 17" rims as standard equipment

Forget the Gas Prices
By Z71

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is 2006 and this is my first rig. I bought my 2002, Z71 and I can only kick myself in the behind for not getting an SUV earlier instead of tooling around in sedans or sports cars. Not only is it a good looking truck that other people love as well as I do, but the ride is fantastic! I'm 6'4 with very long legs and I have never felt more comfortable on long drives. I was blessed with the Delco sound system which after several test drives in other Tahoes was the best. The system BOOMS crystal clear! Nice, quiet engine, power and room when you need it. When the 2nd row seat is folded down it looks like a small living room. Snow storms in Kansas City, MO.? Like a hot knife through butter!

Love the size and comfort - really is like a Lazy Boy on wheels. I feel so safe while driving and I look forward to driving in bad weather only if I have to. Women love riding in the big, comfortable seats and I love the feeling of being King of the road 2nd only to tractor trailers. Go get one!

Can't think of one.. I'm in SUV heaven.