Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

2002 Tahoe
By DMeyer

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 97. This truck is hands down a much better truck. I have 55k on it and have had no problems. I tow a boat and have used for off road purposes while hunting. Also we use for our trips to CO for ski vacations. In all conditions it has been a great vehicle.

Overall driving comfort. Auto ride for towing and heavy loads. Body style, fit and finish.

Better brakes, they are a little soft, and factory 17" rims as standard equipment

Forget the Gas Prices
By Z71

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is 2006 and this is my first rig. I bought my 2002, Z71 and I can only kick myself in the behind for not getting an SUV earlier instead of tooling around in sedans or sports cars. Not only is it a good looking truck that other people love as well as I do, but the ride is fantastic! I'm 6'4 with very long legs and I have never felt more comfortable on long drives. I was blessed with the Delco sound system which after several test drives in other Tahoes was the best. The system BOOMS crystal clear! Nice, quiet engine, power and room when you need it. When the 2nd row seat is folded down it looks like a small living room. Snow storms in Kansas City, MO.? Like a hot knife through butter!

Love the size and comfort - really is like a Lazy Boy on wheels. I feel so safe while driving and I look forward to driving in bad weather only if I have to. Women love riding in the big, comfortable seats and I love the feeling of being King of the road 2nd only to tractor trailers. Go get one!

Can't think of one.. I'm in SUV heaven.

Love my Tahoe
By tahoe john

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Brakes could be beefier but it's good looking, powerful, quiet (relatively) and I love the size--not too big, not too small. Gas mileage, well, it's an SUV.

Flawless
By cc6

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Z71 in July of 2002 and haven't regretted it a day since I've owned this truck. Great engine. Quiet and comfortable. Handles snow with ease. It's an overall great SUV. I will buy another.

Auto 4X4, and the roof rack with rollers

Upgrade the sound system. It's decent, but lacks low end.

I want another one
By Cliff

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second GM SUV. The first was a 1999 Yukon. When It hit 80,000, I had to trade for the new body style. This has been the best truck I have ever owned. I am currently holding out for the new 2006.

I love my Tahoe front to back,

Remote start would be nice. It could use longer lasting breaks, the stock breaks don't last long with 20 wheels.