2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Like a knock, it was loud as it could be
By The knocker on 11/28/04 07:38 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been bitten by the piston slap GM engine at less than 25k miles. The dealership is hesitant to do anything other than give me the "carbon-top runaround." I'd be wary to ever own another GM product. The warranty isn't worth the paper it was written on. At this point the dealers refuse to look at the truck when I tell them that the engine is making noise. Sadly, my next vehicle purchase (Jan 05) will be affected by this unfortunate situation.

Can't go wrong
By Tahoe lover on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned other trucks but going back to the Tahoe was the best thing I ever did.

Good car -- get checked out before warr.
By bluetahoe on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Tahoe however to anyone buying one i would take it in before the warranty expires and get them to do a full overhaul. I had to get my two front window "cranks" replaced (would have been 500 a piece. Just make sure you take it in and let them check everything.

Better than Ford Expedition
By yoyohong on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have own both and the tahoe has a better engine and build quality, though not perfect.

First & Last Chevy I'll buy, EVER
By k2dunk on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

great driving truck, BUT GM engineers oughta have theirs put in a vise for these V8 engines Cold start Knock at 12K miles Dealer TSB says its carbon Right Seems to me they just cant get those pistons right Every AM that rattling noise in garage so so discouraging And me Born and raised in a Chevy house I cant wait to get the wife in an Armada 3 more months,gonna trade that sucker.Me I wanted a Vette, forget that 350Z or G35 here I come. Shame on you GM. Google for 'cold start knock' do your own homework you'll see.45K and climbing.I've now heard the Trans isn't so great either.Hopefully she'll stay together a little while longer.700 not enough...

Excellent Ride
By elgantis on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Tahoe rides much smoother than I expected any SUV to handle. It is a pleasure to drive.

Tahoe
By lilskimo on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2002 Tahoe has been everything I expected. Even with the smaller engine it has great pickup even on the freeway. The standard package provides so much comfort there is no need to add any extras.

Pleasantly Surprised
By virtual geezer on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My wife chose this truck; at the time I would not have chosen such a large vehicle. However, after over two years of trouble-free performance, I'm a believer. Our Minnesota winters are harsh; the snow, sand and salt are tough on everything. But after two winters, our 2002 Tahoe still looks and performs as new. These are handsome, comfortable and durable vehicles.

A great value for the money!
By kaushik on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A fantastic SUV for the money. I have the fancy, decked-out version with the optinal Z71 off-road package, which gives it a really taut, robust (albeit a teensy bit rough) ride. Corner handling is excellent for a bus this size. I currently have a little over 40,000 miles on it and the brakes are hardly half-way through!! I had a really bad experience with the brakes on the previous model (the previous body-style), but this is worlds better. Very comfy and roomy inside, the A/C is superb to control and maintain temperature. Very reliable so far, although I've only had it for a year-and-a-half!

Quality Ride
By HerZ71 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe with the Z71 package for 3 months now and I love it. Leather seating is extremely comfortable and the ride is quiet even on the highway. Plenty of cargo room for transporting kids to college, grocery shopping, and even my new washing machine. Love the sporty Z71 exterior and pleasantly suprised at the turning radius.