Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great American Car
By E85 Guy

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is literally the first American-made car that I have ever owned to hit 100,000 miles without any transmission or engine failures. Previously, my Ford Deathstar's engine blew at 74,000 miles, and I became a Chevy fan. I feel confident in driving this car, confident in the quality and reliability.

It runs on E85, thank God! My Tahoe runs on less gasoline than a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic. Granted, it might be a "corn guzzler," but very little Middle East oil in this SUV. I love the space, the seats, the engine, etc.

Better gas mileage would be good. I'd be interested in the Tahoe hybrid, if it didn't cost $12,000 more than the regular Tahoe.

02 TAHOE
By MICHAEL JENKINS

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been my pleasure to own. It has been fun customizing it because there are so many options to choose from on all the stuff you can do to it.

There is not just one feature that I really like more than the others. But the interior is very comfortable.

Gas mileage!

2002 Chevy Tahoe LT
By 2002tahoefl

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

lt version of this truck is the best only thing im missing is the sunroof. My kids and wife love the truck cause the third row seat. She ain't got to drive no minivan around. Trips is so so comfeey. I put 24 inch wheels 305-35-r24 tires bolt right on. No cut no rub I can make a full u turn

Cargo, OnStar

Steering column making a noise

Chev 02 Tahoe
By llester

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought my Tahoe, I traded in a Ford Explorer. I knew I was going up in size, but that didn't bother me. I loved the room in this new vehicle. To my surprise, parallel parking was much easier in this vehicle than in the Ford, which was smaller. Only draw back is the steering colum in this vehicle had to be replaced which was a problem with all trucks for GMC/Cheverolet.

Style, room, comfort, color

Really have no complaints

'02 Tahoe
By jleg

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. It's big enough but not too big. I like the rear cargo door. You can open just the back window or the whole thing. There's no pillar to block the view. It's easy to drive. Plenty of elbow room. Layout of dashboard is practical. The Tahoe offers a quiet, smooth ride. It's comfortable on long road trips.

Computer that tells you when you need an oil change!

The cup holders could be taller so that bottles, cups are more secure. Water bottles fall out if you don't hold them on turns.