2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
2002 Tahoe
By DMeyer on 02/05/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe. My first was a 97. This truck is hands down a much better truck. I have 55k on it and have had no problems. I tow a boat and have used for off road purposes while hunting. Also we use for our trips to CO for ski vacations. In all conditions it has been a great vehicle.

Forget the Gas Prices
By Z71 on 01/09/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is 2006 and this is my first rig. I bought my 2002, Z71 and I can only kick myself in the behind for not getting an SUV earlier instead of tooling around in sedans or sports cars. Not only is it a good looking truck that other people love as well as I do, but the ride is fantastic! I'm 6'4 with very long legs and I have never felt more comfortable on long drives. I was blessed with the Delco sound system which after several test drives in other Tahoes was the best. The system BOOMS crystal clear! Nice, quiet engine, power and room when you need it. When the 2nd row seat is folded down it looks like a small living room. Snow storms in Kansas City, MO.? Like a hot knife through butter!

Love my Tahoe
By tahoe john on 10/10/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Brakes could be beefier but it's good looking, powerful, quiet (relatively) and I love the size--not too big, not too small. Gas mileage, well, it's an SUV.

Flawless
By cc6 on 07/29/05 18:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Z71 in July of 2002 and haven't regretted it a day since I've owned this truck. Great engine. Quiet and comfortable. Handles snow with ease. It's an overall great SUV. I will buy another.

I want another one
By Cliff on 07/26/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second GM SUV. The first was a 1999 Yukon. When It hit 80,000, I had to trade for the new body style. This has been the best truck I have ever owned. I am currently holding out for the new 2006.

2002 Tahoe
By Tom Whitehead on 07/07/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased with this vehicle. Very minor warranty work. I was thinking about buying a new vehicle, but now feel I will be unable to improve over what I have.

Got it right GM!
By Happy in P-Town on 07/06/05 01:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

GM has their trucks dialed. Yes, I have a "ticking" engine, but hey, so what? After 10 seconds the sound is gone. The engine is strong and sturdy. I love the torque. Smooth, quiet, but there when you need it. Interior finishes are sub-par. Reliability is much better than my BMW X5, which is in the shop every month.

Love my Tahoe
By mark on 05/15/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Seats are wonderful. Power very adequate. Mileage OK considering how much weight you are moving. Comfort and convenience are outstanding.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed............
By 2nd Tahoe on 04/19/05 18:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I used to own a 1998 Tahoe that I lovingly called the 'White Devil' - anything that could go wrong with it mechanically, did. Regardless, I obviously liked the features enough to buy a 2002. I had an initial scare with less than 5k miles when the transmission went out (I'll let this one slide), but they gave me a loaner and fixed it in no time. 55K miles later it's great! While I have had some problems with the climate control, there have been no more problems with mechanical reliability, all of the accessories are holding together, and the paint quality is outstanding. I plan to keep this car for another 100k miles, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the reliability continues.....

Best SUV
By MikeD on 03/01/05 23:28 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle does it all, tow the boat, carry all the friends, or simply ride in comfort. I love this vehicle and the fact that it's very safe! Goes through the gas, but as to be expected with a full-size V-8.