2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
love my tahoe
By dardson1 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought mine during the $2002 rebate and for invoice less the rebate. The only options on mine is the 285hp engine, rear liftgate, and raised letter tires. At exactly $28k plus TT&L this truck is a bargain. I'm getting right at 15mpg city (with fairly conservative driving.) It is quiet, smooth, and very well done. I had a 96 Tahoe. Almost loved it but the brakes were terrible and the design was sloppy. GM has nailed these new SUV's, and I am very pleased. If reliability proves good, I'll call it just about perfect.

Happy
By Kayaker712 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful vehicle. I love the solid feel and the 5.3 Vortec is a dream in traffic gob and gobs or low end torque. The truck is solid and feels like a bank vault on wheels going down the road.

Best truck driven on the road today...
By whitt on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I drove all kinds of trucks Z71 is the most fun yet and people love to see what it is on the road

Z-71 4WD
By Arizona Tahoe Z-71 on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a 2001 model,purchased new 5/01. Dealer sales and service practices are excellent. No problems with the vehicle after 10 months. We use it on trips out of town 6 or 7 times a year. Other than that it is a daily commuter vehicle for a short drive to work. I have towed a small motorcycle trailer and it tows perfectly. We traded a '96 Yukon and this vehicle is just the next generation and more useful as the Yukon was nly a 2 door GT.

Our Tahoe
By David/Nina on 03/17/02 10:25 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe has really opened up our eyes to Chevrolet. As current BMW owners (2), we considered BMW and Acura. We bought the Tahoe and are pleased with our choice. Well built (so far), good looking and large enough to haul "stuff".

2002 Tahoe LT w/Autoride
By Rhet on 03/15/02 14:18 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall this has been the best vehicle I have ever owned! Power, Comfort, and Reliability.. it's all there! I test drove an LT with out the Autoride option, and one with... for the difference in price, the Autoride option is WELL WORTH the extra money! VERY SMOOTH RIDE!

tahoe 2001 LT
By zoestar on 03/13/02 00:44 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great for trips. There is no such thing as too much room with our family, and the Tahoe is the perfect size. We drive into the Canadian Rockies during bad blizzards and it feels very safe and stable.

2002 Z71 Tahoe Review
By Davide on 03/11/02 00:53 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Z71 and am loving every minute of it. Traded in a 4Runner and Im not sorry I did. Love the ride, and feel very safe in the vehicle, its nice to know that SUV's dont come much bigger than yours. Huge amounts of storage, and with the Z71 there's no third seat to get in your way. Its got tons of power thanks to the 5.3L V-8, it definately would beat the 4Runner in acceleration any day.

Powerful
By misplacedyankee on 03/10/02 00:12 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle - I tow a 5500 lb boat with ease. Very nice, fast truck. Now I am thinking a Suburban...would never have guessed I would like the truck as much as I do. Could use a 6 cd changer option.

Excellent Truck
By smithpk on 03/08/02 11:01 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Incredible features on the "base" model. We just bought within the past month and have been happier than expected with the 4800 engine. The 3rd row is the best available - interms of leg room and 50/50 split for storage. Have used the AWD some in snow and this works great as well.