Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Got a Lemon
By joshmatt

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 Tahoe with 99K on it. It was super clean. Within the first 3 months we replaced the rack and pinon steering, and the front A/C condensor. One year later we replaced the back A/C condensor. Then it began to die while driving, let it cool off and it would do it again, all b4 125K. I think I got a lemon because everybody else gets 200K from them. I loved our Tahoe and I am going to buy another one, if I get burned again it will be the last one I buy, but I really dont expect that to happen.

Favorite Features

Looks and comfort, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

MPG (but you know that it is horrible before you buy it)

Best vehicle around
By vthokie12

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased LT 4x4 model used with 42K miles on it...now 130K miles later the only thing I've had to do is put gas and oil in this work horse and it goes! I have owned everything under the sun and typically have maintenance problems with vehicles around 100K, but the Tahoe has broken that mold and I could not be happier. Hopefully they still make them like this when I buy a newer one.

Favorite Features

Reliability, space, handling in off road conditions, and utility.

Peace of Mind
By F.Rae

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Believe it or not,our Yukon had 160000 miles when I bought it for my wife on Mothers Day 09. Except for a water pump replacement, which was a snap to do myself, we have had no sign of trouble with this Black Beauty. Great ride. Very comfortable. A little hard on fuel but we don't complain. 12 mpg on average. It was as new inside and out when we bought it and still is as new. A wonderful Vehicle. Only one problem. When our daughter used it one day she did not want to give it back. She drives an acura

Favorite Features

Leather int. Polished aluminum Stock wheels. (easy to clean) Still in perfect shape

Suggested Improvements

Some more gas mileage would be helpful but not essential. Our philosophy is that you can afford a little extra fuel if you are not paying heavy maintenance costs.

Solid as a rock!
By LEE

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck solid as a rock..I was looking at Ford Expeditions but quickly changed my mind when I read all the bad reviews. I love A GM product. Like the commercials always said "SOLID AS A ROCK"

Favorite Features

sunroof, overall interior lots of room..

Suggested Improvements

3rd row seat more leg room.

Will Miss My Tahoe
By SR Cordell

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 02 and just gave to my son with 180k miles on it. Maintenance items were normal wear items with very little in major repairs. I Normally trade my cars at 100K miles but liked the Tahoe so much I held onto it for 180k miles. Miles were road miles not around town. 18 MPG highway when new, and just checked at 180K and still gets 18 MPG highway. Turning radius is incredible, comfort is excellent, ride is "car-like", still looks like a new car. Best all-around vehicle I have owned. Will purchase another when GM doesn't stand for "Government Motors".

Favorite Features

Room, Storage, Comfort, View from higher up, reliability, versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Wider running board step to get into vehicle. My foot slipped off running board when wet/snow/ice covered.