2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Got a Lemon
By joshmatt on 04/26/14 21:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 Tahoe with 99K on it. It was super clean. Within the first 3 months we replaced the rack and pinon steering, and the front A/C condensor. One year later we replaced the back A/C condensor. Then it began to die while driving, let it cool off and it would do it again, all b4 125K. I think I got a lemon because everybody else gets 200K from them. I loved our Tahoe and I am going to buy another one, if I get burned again it will be the last one I buy, but I really dont expect that to happen.

Solid as a rock!
By LEE on 05/12/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck solid as a rock..I was looking at Ford Expeditions but quickly changed my mind when I read all the bad reviews. I love A GM product. Like the commercials always said "SOLID AS A ROCK"

Domestics=Reliable
By bowtieproud on 02/01/10 18:04 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

240,000 mi and counting no problems mechanically, or electronically. However, GM discontinued analog Onstar in 2004, which stinks!! but other than that this vehicle masters in reliability. Zero problems, and no stranded or unsatisfied drivers. My Tahoe proves that GM can meet if not beat foreign automakers in reliability, and i hope it's seen more, and more people will buy GM, and mot Foreign. Despite SUV still looks, drives, and rides great. I have 1000% confidence that this Tahoe will no problem rolling over to 3 if not 500,000 miles. Domestics are as reliable as the Foreign automakers advertise, only I've got the physical evidence to prove the above statement. I love this tahoe!!

THE KING OF SUV's
By rodgerdodger90 on 10/07/08 03:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This I think is more reliable than any car i have had or driven. People think the Japanese make the most reliable cars but they don't. This truck has never let me or my family down rain or shine.

2002 Chevy Tahoe LT
By 2002tahoefl on 02/21/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

lt version of this truck is the best only thing im missing is the sunroof. My kids and wife love the truck cause the third row seat. She ain't got to drive no minivan around. Trips is so so comfeey. I put 24 inch wheels 305-35-r24 tires bolt right on. No cut no rub I can make a full u turn

Chev 02 Tahoe
By llester on 11/27/07 08:27 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

When I bought my Tahoe, I traded in a Ford Explorer. I knew I was going up in size, but that didn't bother me. I loved the room in this new vehicle. To my surprise, parallel parking was much easier in this vehicle than in the Ford, which was smaller. Only draw back is the steering colum in this vehicle had to be replaced which was a problem with all trucks for GMC/Cheverolet.

'02 Tahoe
By jleg on 01/11/07 17:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. It's big enough but not too big. I like the rear cargo door. You can open just the back window or the whole thing. There's no pillar to block the view. It's easy to drive. Plenty of elbow room. Layout of dashboard is practical. The Tahoe offers a quiet, smooth ride. It's comfortable on long road trips.

Reliable. Interior needs redesign
By downtown on 10/04/06 21:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe has been great, I love the size, but I have a few suggestions. It's been a great, reliable car. But I will not get another until they fix these things. I am looking at an Infinity QX56.

LS Should Mean, "Lousy Seat"
By Tony on 09/05/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Worst vehicle I ever owned. Steering intermediate shaft needs lubed every 3000 miles. Engine knocks when first started. I get maybe,12 MPG. Seats are the worst I ever had the misfortune to sit in. If ninety % use their vehicle for transport of the driver only, why don't these idiot engineers design a vehicle that a person over 5'2" can get comfortable in. I mean does it make sense to cram a person in a cocoon shaped drivers compartment with their feet stuck in one position, the floor curved, so their feet are never on a flat surface, a steering wheel that will not adjust fwd and aft, seats that only adjust the bottom half, arm rest that stick in the air when top half is reclined.

2002 Tahoe
By savern on 06/11/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have had a great overall experience with this Tahoe. Standard Maintenance is all that has been required. Just replaced the factory tires @ 71,000 miles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »