Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Most Helpful|
Domestics=Reliable
By bowtieproud

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

240,000 mi and counting no problems mechanically, or electronically. However, GM discontinued analog Onstar in 2004, which stinks!! but other than that this vehicle masters in reliability. Zero problems, and no stranded or unsatisfied drivers. My Tahoe proves that GM can meet if not beat foreign automakers in reliability, and i hope it's seen more, and more people will buy GM, and mot Foreign. Despite SUV still looks, drives, and rides great. I have 1000% confidence that this Tahoe will no problem rolling over to 3 if not 500,000 miles. Domestics are as reliable as the Foreign automakers advertise, only I've got the physical evidence to prove the above statement. I love this tahoe!!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Quality you can see and feel after 8 years and 240,000 miles. the engine that's still burns rubber, and still leaves marks. Love the 5.3 Vortec engine, out paces most souped-up cars today! Awesome vehicle and plan to keep until body rust through or 1,000,000 mi, which ever occurs first

Suggested Improvements

Would have like GM to switch the analog Onstar to Digital to keep it working, and an option for fold-flat third row seats.

Solid as a rock!
By LEE

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck solid as a rock..I was looking at Ford Expeditions but quickly changed my mind when I read all the bad reviews. I love A GM product. Like the commercials always said "SOLID AS A ROCK"

Favorite Features

sunroof, overall interior lots of room..

Suggested Improvements

3rd row seat more leg room.

Got a Lemon
By joshmatt

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 Tahoe with 99K on it. It was super clean. Within the first 3 months we replaced the rack and pinon steering, and the front A/C condensor. One year later we replaced the back A/C condensor. Then it began to die while driving, let it cool off and it would do it again, all b4 125K. I think I got a lemon because everybody else gets 200K from them. I loved our Tahoe and I am going to buy another one, if I get burned again it will be the last one I buy, but I really dont expect that to happen.

Favorite Features

Looks and comfort, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

MPG (but you know that it is horrible before you buy it)

2002 Chevy Tahoe LT
By 2002tahoefl

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

lt version of this truck is the best only thing im missing is the sunroof. My kids and wife love the truck cause the third row seat. She ain't got to drive no minivan around. Trips is so so comfeey. I put 24 inch wheels 305-35-r24 tires bolt right on. No cut no rub I can make a full u turn

Favorite Features

Cargo, OnStar

Suggested Improvements

Steering column making a noise

THE KING OF SUV's
By rodgerdodger90

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This I think is more reliable than any car i have had or driven. People think the Japanese make the most reliable cars but they don't. This truck has never let me or my family down rain or shine.

Favorite Features

Not having to slow down for pot holes or dips is a great way to conserve gas in this truck. versatility, this thing can do anything no questions asked

Suggested Improvements

A flashy dashboard would be nice. Steering column feels too cheap. Automatic lift gate would be cool.