Used 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Super SUV
By Joanne

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Poor gas mileage but fantastic reliability. This SUV is a comfortable workhorse.

Awesome Tahoe
By kolocar

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this 2002 LS (with most of the LT features) in April 2015 with 104K on the clock. It's now December 2015 and we are approaching 123K. We have driven it on at least a half dozen trips between Dallas and Chicago, Asheville-NC and Colorado Springs. With the exception of having to replace the flex fuel module, the truck has been amazing. Extremely comfortable, and with handling reflexes that would otherwise be expected of a much smaller SUV. Absolutely love the 325 CID V8 - smooth and pulls strong all the way to 6000 rpm. It uses a quart of oil about every 6,000 miles - amazing. It has hauled anything we have had to stuff into it.

June 18, 2016 Update: Just passed 132K. Have just been filling the tank and changing the oil/filter. And enjoying every mile behind the wheel. A comment on the suspension. The GM "ComfortRide" suspension is generally too soft for my liking. On normal roads it can get a little bouncy. But where the suspension really excels is on gravel or dirt roads, or pothole-filled gravel parking lots. Still, overall, I would like it to be more controlled in normal driving.

This was the best car I've owned!
By Lindsey G.

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'll miss my Tahoe. My mom and dad bought it with about 45k miles on it and gave it to me when it got to about 190k. I drove it for about 3 years until it got to 265k! I had to replace some things but at over 200k miles I felt like that was normal. Then, I got a 2009 Buick Enclave with 28k miles on it and have had to do more work to it than I ever thought about doing to the Tahoe! Great car to own.

Got a Lemon
By joshmatt

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 Tahoe with 99K on it.
It was super clean.
Within the first 3 months we replaced the rack and pinon steering, and the front A/C condensor.
One year later we replaced the back A/C condensor.
Then it began to die while driving, let it cool off and it would do it again, all b4 125K.
I think I got a lemon because everybody else gets 200K from them.
I loved our Tahoe and I am going to buy another one, if I get burned again it will be the last one I buy, but I really dont expect that to happen.

Best vehicle around
By vthokie12

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased LT 4x4 model used with 42K miles on it...now 130K miles later the only thing I've had to do is put gas and oil in this work horse and it goes!
I have owned everything under the sun and typically have maintenance problems with vehicles around 100K, but the Tahoe has broken that mold and I could not be happier.
Hopefully they still make them like this when I buy a newer one.

Reliability, space, handling in off road conditions, and utility.