The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By TheHoodster on
2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
After looking at everything from the Expedition to the Acura MDX, the Tahoe LT was the best value overall. The safety record (rollovers) was the best in the SUV class. There is plenty of space if you have the third row up or out all together. Beyond that, the ride is incredible, far better than anything else I drove. Plenty of power to get you on the freeway even if you are towing!! If you are considering an SUV, drive them all, and then decide what works best for you. I did and ended up buying the Tahoe, which wasn't even on my list at first. Overall, this is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.
Favorite Features
Styling is better than anything on the road. Interior space on the LT is top notch. Heated seats are nice on cold days. Captain seats in center is the only way to go. Feeling like you are on top of the world--priceless.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy, but hey I knew what I was getting into. Make adjustable pedals like the Fords so you don't have to spend ten seconds moving the seat back after your wife drives it.