2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Smooth and Powerfull...but the inside
By VaGuy on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We have over 35,0000 miles on the truck. Fine power and ride with good fuel economy for its size and the big V8. Interior design needs an update, too much plastic!

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By TheHoodster on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After looking at everything from the Expedition to the Acura MDX, the Tahoe LT was the best value overall. The safety record (rollovers) was the best in the SUV class. There is plenty of space if you have the third row up or out all together. Beyond that, the ride is incredible, far better than anything else I drove. Plenty of power to get you on the freeway even if you are towing!! If you are considering an SUV, drive them all, and then decide what works best for you. I did and ended up buying the Tahoe, which wasn't even on my list at first. Overall, this is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned.

A Wlell Rounded Truck
By lLostArk on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

For a truck, a very comfotable vehicle. I use it to tow, haul payloads, go 4 wheeling on sand and mud, and transport a middle school s basketball team. It has been flawless mechanically and in each of its SUV roles. Only nit-pick is I could use a bit more cargo room, so I'm thinking of moving up to a Suburban.

Tahoe LT
By whocares on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had pretty good luck with the vehicle overall. I put on 30,000 miles a year and have had a little problem with the transmission not wanting to catch. I took the vehicle back to the dealership before my warranty expired due to a back window not operating. Bullentin replaced both motors. Loud valve tapping noise in the morning. I also feel thatn the breaks don't work good. I can cause the wheels to squeal when trying to brake quickly. A little rattle in the moon roof and doors.

Falling pieces
By daveboy on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Although we liked the space and the smooth ride (for an SUV), the lack of quality on the interior was very frustrating. Rattles and pieces falling off throughout the vehicle resulted in multiple trips to the GM dealer. Gas mileage was another issue.....but we knew that when we bought an SUV. After 9 months and 10000 miles we traded in for a car that wouldn't end up at the dealer more than at our house.....a Toyota Camry.

Rcommend Full Size SUV
By mchenry on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The overall experience with my Tahoe has been outstanding, the power is excellent the ride is more like a luxury car than an SUV and the mileage while not so high is one of the best in it's class and surprising for a big V8. I handled 3-4 ft of snow last winter in northern Michigan like it wasn't even there.

Gidde up
By hershnut on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Since our purchase, our road trips have increased substantialy and our air mileage had decreased. At the end of the day bells and whistles have to be tossed out the window and you have to realize this is a great engine that will take you where you want to go, period...

0 Complaints, I LOVE IT
By Munchkin25 on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is by-far the best SUV I've driven.The ride, power, transmission is perfect. Fun-to-drive, comfortable, 4x4 is great. Stereo was lacking, so i parked it and spent the last 2 months installing a Mcintosh,boston,kicker system and now i cant quit driving it! This one is a keeper.

Great truck???
By Mike N on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned my 2001 Tahoe for 1 1/2 years. Have had more problems with this vehicle than any other I've ever owned. Problems have ranged from warped trim to major power-train issues. This truck has been in the shop more times than I care to think about. When it is functioning well I must say that it can haul, tow, comfortably seat and ride well the best in this class. I'm concerned that it will continue to cause problems after the warranty expires and therefore am planning to get rid of it.

Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2001
By penumbra on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent comfort. Lots of power. Gas mileage should be improved (16 MPG Highway).