Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

I love my Tahoe
By angola20

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am definitely a Tahoe person for life. It's the perfect vehicle in my opinion. Roomy, comfortable ride, dependable, and very stylish. It's never given me any problems.

Great Vehicle
By Garnern

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At 64 years old I have had many cars including Cadillacs. This Tahoe is by far my favorite vehicle ever! It is very comfortable to drive and ride in the heated seats, seat memory, handling are great.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, great ride, very quiet, good dash design, the six way power seats. I could go on and on.

Suggested Improvements

I have 72,000 miles and overall I am very happy. The passenger power window quit and have received a quote of $400 to replace the window regulator. A little pricey I think. Fog light switch should be relocated so you can see it.

I Luv My Tahoe
By andersonsr

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We just bout this Tahoe used a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. We traded in our 97 Monte Carlo for in and WOW what a change. I have never owned a SUV before but now will never go back to a car. It has tons of get up and go for the highway but also is good in town. Love the Auto 4X4. Must be the best ever!

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats. Loads of cargo room and the Get up and Go!!!

Suggested Improvements

Make interior more appealing and the fuel economy of course.

Good Choice
By mdmader

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The smaller 4.8L engine is a bit under powered. I'm getting about 16 MPG on average. Mixed city and highway driving. Mileage could be better. Breaking is weak. If you haul large load, consider aftermarket breaks. Goes great in the snow and off road. Smooth when driving on the highway with stock tires. Visors are a bit small could be a bit longer to cover width of the side windows. Interior is dated.

Favorite Features

I have the vinyl interior and flooring, cleaning it out is easy. It's not hot during the summer or very cold during the winter. Climate control begins to work quickly. Heats up fast and cools down even faster.

Suggested Improvements

Update the interior. Dash is cheesy plastic with no style.

Pretty Good Effort
By Gump

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent Effort. Chevy got it pretty close to pefrfect this time. Good build quality, great design (interior and exterior), better than expected performance, and absolutely awesome ride quality. My vehicle of choice to drive (there is a Mercedes sports car in the driveway) everyday.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, heated leather seats. Chevy dealership sales and service quality (WAY, WAY better than Mercedes)!!!

Suggested Improvements

None