2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
One awesome SUV
By Clinton Rardon on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2001 Chevy Tahoe and I couldn't be happier. I use it to pull my 19 ft boat and I can't even tell that it's behind me. There is no better looking SUV out on the road right now than the Tahoe. Chevy has done an excellent job building this machine. It is rugged like a truck, yet comfortable like a luxury car. I love this vehicle!

After 2 years...it's still a great SUV!
By mikesc on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before I bought my brand new 2001 Tahoe over two years ago. I read about the build quality and the problems when the new Tahoe was introduced in 2000. Sure, you worry about things like that, but two years later I love my Tahoe as much as I did the day I bought it. I've done all the schedule maintenance and haven't had a single problem. I use it as my commuting vehicle (80 miles daily) and it's never let me down.

2001 Tahoe
By bharrison on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The only problems I have had with this vehicle has been the heating element in the driver side mirror, the door strap hinges squeeking, and carbon buildup in the throttle body which caused a sticking gas peddle. The dealer replaced all hinges under warranty, I haven't had the time to get the mirror repaired. I got rid of the carbon build up with a Tornado.

Z71 Great But.....
By cnick54 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love the way this truck looks, rides, confort, Great in the snow. One Mojor complaint Lousy gas miliage only 11 mpg. For the money I would have gotten the Suburban version instead. The mpg's would be the same and I'd have more room. Brakes are so-so leave plenty of distance

Perfect, not a single problem
By thatdenverdog on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several brands of SUV,'95 Montero (a mechanical nightmare), '00 4Runner Ltd-4WD,small inside,metal so thin the hood flapped, '01 Exped EdBauer 4WD (worst gas mileage you could imagine and really poor service from Ford in Nebraska and Florida).I wanted to tell you what I had previously so you have an idea what I'm comparing the Tahoe to.I paid 34000 for an '01 LT 4WD Autoride.I was immediately impressed by the quality of the vehicle.GM has a better finish than the 4Runner.Handling is amazing.First off, it is one of the quickest out there, it posts a zero-60 in 7.6 seconds.The gas mileage is 19.At 75mph the engine is at only 2000 rpms.

Not So Hot
By Ralf Suater on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very poor quality for the price.

2001 LT fully loaded Tahoe
By blk trk on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. It is big, comfortable and easy to handle. The only complaint on this big vehicle is how easy things fall off. On my door where the buttons for the windows and doorlocks are..that panel keeps popping out. Also within about 4 months of me buying the vehicle the driver side window motor burned out and had to be replaced.

Tahoe is tops
By bill the cat on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy Tahoe is the perfect combination of reliability, style, power and utility. If you're looking for tons of room, outstanding power and fun behind the wheel, this rig is for you. Chevy trucks have a storied reputation for lasting a long time, and the new generation of Tahoes is the best offering to date.

Tahoe is tops
By Bill The Cat on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Tahoe
By J_Baller on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very happy with it. No problems to date. Tons of power, good looks... no complaints