2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Does It All
By JackR on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great seats, my wife was sold on this SUV after driving it a block. We love the interior, ride, room and power. The "tow/haul" feature is a winner. Push the button and the transmission resets itself to a new set of shift points. Perfect for hauling a heavy boat. We get 16MPH @ 75 and 14 around town.

My last Tahoe
By Fruit on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third and final Tahoe...I thought the 95 and the 99 Tahoes were much more comfortable in their rides...this 01 gives a more trucklike ride..the cargo capacity is also smaller. The smaller engine didn't save anything in the gas milage dept. I also found rattles in the front end...the rear tailgate window came off it's hinge. I think there is better value out there in the future....

2001 LT Tahoe
By chemngnr on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I am very happy with my Tahoe. I have a some engine noise and rattle in th front suspension which the dealer takes care of when I go in for service but they seem to come back within a few weeks. The worst part of the vehicle is the automated climate control system (CCS). It seems to do things that are contrary to rational thought. For instance, it could be 30 below and the auto CCS wants to turn on the AC! I've given up on it and run the system mannually.

Great vehicle NEEDS NEW PASSENGER SEAT.
By T. Cope on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my Tahoe and the only problems I have is the passenger seat is very uncomfortable. The drivers and back seat are GREAT. This is the second one I have owned and the front passenger seat was a problem in the first one. I won't buy another one until the problem is fixed. The seat belt is also very uncomfortable and choking.

Very Satisfied
By jbad on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. Fun to Drive. Plenty of power with the 5.3 and MPG not bad for a big truck (14 local, 17 Hwy).

Chevy Tahoe 2001
By mhill on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Chevy Tahoe for nearly 2 years. The power and space are great. The third row seats come in handy when transporting a large group of people. The problems that I encountered include a faulty theft deterrent system, bad starter, rear brake pads replaced twice, a faulty heating coil in the passenger side mirror and squeaks when making sharp turns.

Improvement & Luxury
By Hector NOrat on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's a good Suv for a big family. HTey should try to lower the gas milege.

2001 Tahoe
By kendall221 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Overall very good.

Tahoe Review
By nadine on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Tahoe; 1994 4x4 2DR Diesel, 1999 4x4 LT, and currently 2001 4x4 4DR Lt with Autoride. I have had wonderful experiences with all. My favorite however is the comfort of my 2001, it is an absolute creampuff, and it is all factory - no modifications, but all the bells and whistles. The gas mileage is better now with the new Vortec engines and smaller tank.

Nice vehicle
By score300 on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my Tahoe for about 2 years now. I still like it as much today as the day I bought it. This will be the first vehicle I have ever kept for more than 2 years.