Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Excellent highway vehicle
By agseraph

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever had, which have included Mercedes, a BMW, a VW, Fords, Toyotas, and an Infinity. 20 mpg on the highway, smooth ride, and no problems in 142,000 miles. Wat it doesn't have in fuel economy, it more than makes up for in reliability.

Size and quality

Interior is dated (fixed with the 07 models)

Cool Chevy Tahoe!
By Claire

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We love the four wheel drive! The LS model is just fine for us. It has cloth seats,no leather! Ours only seats six. That is a major drawback.

We love the sunroof! There is lots of elbow room and space in the back. We've had some people comment on our "new" Tahoe. Yes, this car has some nice looks!

Awesome SUV
By rv9flyer

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We drive approx 30,000 miles a year and this has been one great SUV. After 130,000 miles, the only thing I have had to replace is the water pump at 60,000 miles. Very low maintenance. I put in a K&N air filter. We get about 17-18 mpg on highway and average about 16.5 all around. Can feel a bit more power on takeoff from the new airfilter. Brakes have been awesome. I replaced the front brakes at 110,000 miles and they still had over 1/2 their pad left!

Brake life, lazy boy comfy front seats, rear cargo area room is huge

Put aftermarket speakers in due to poor quality of OEM ones.

Tahoe
By MMoran

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe is an excellent SUV, great for families and has been a wonderful car for trips. I would definitely buy this vehicle again! Very reliable, it has never failed to get us to our destination and is very easy to maintain.

4WD and the room for all the kids and their friends.

Not bad but not good either.
By truck owner

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have been the original owner of my 2001 Chevy Tahoe Z71. I have had minimal trouble with it. I now have 100,000 miles on it and am starting to expeience some difficulties. The window motors are starting to burn up and the windshield washer motors are starting to crack and fail due to freezing. I have concerns about the transmission. It has been known to slip and I am the last one of all of my friends that has not had the transmission rebuilt. I have done all regular maintenance and I change the oil every 500 miles. My complaints are not with fuel mileage as I have the 5.3L motor and I average 15-16 mpg and I have more room than a 4Runner that get about the same mileage. Poor handling!

I guess the exterior looks are my favorite feature. It could use more power.

It could use a 5 speed transmission and better handling. It could also use a better seating arrangement. I do not have the rear seats because they are useless for adults and the Sequoia has much more room in the rear seat. I would like to have a bench seat in the front so I could fit six if neded

• SUV