2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
I love my Tahoe
By angola20 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am definitely a Tahoe person for life. It's the perfect vehicle in my opinion. Roomy, comfortable ride, dependable, and very stylish. It's never given me any problems.

Great Vehicle
By Garnern on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

At 64 years old I have had many cars including Cadillacs. This Tahoe is by far my favorite vehicle ever! It is very comfortable to drive and ride in the heated seats, seat memory, handling are great.

I Luv My Tahoe
By andersonsr on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We just bout this Tahoe used a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. We traded in our 97 Monte Carlo for in and WOW what a change. I have never owned a SUV before but now will never go back to a car. It has tons of get up and go for the highway but also is good in town. Love the Auto 4X4. Must be the best ever!

Good Choice
By mdmader on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The smaller 4.8L engine is a bit under powered. I'm getting about 16 MPG on average. Mixed city and highway driving. Mileage could be better. Breaking is weak. If you haul large load, consider aftermarket breaks. Goes great in the snow and off road. Smooth when driving on the highway with stock tires. Visors are a bit small could be a bit longer to cover width of the side windows. Interior is dated.

Pretty Good Effort
By Gump on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent Effort. Chevy got it pretty close to pefrfect this time. Good build quality, great design (interior and exterior), better than expected performance, and absolutely awesome ride quality. My vehicle of choice to drive (there is a Mercedes sports car in the driveway) everyday.

2001 Tahoe
By lcc073 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall very impressed. Like the comfort, feel, and diversity the vehicle offers. Ton of room, 4x4 capacity, luxury seating, dual climate control etc....

Idle problem
By Jimstaff on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've really enjoyed the features and performance of my Tahoe; however it surges when idling. This summer it would not pull the AC and now it dies sometimes when I turn left. Dealer says it needs "throttle body clean out & reprogrammed - $300+). I'm skepital about paying that. This is the second time this has occurred. First time was under warranty. I've tried different fuel brands and grades. It does seem to run better on premium. Tahoe has 75,000 miles. If this is resolved, all else is satisfactory. Any feedback appreciated.

review
By tahoeboy2 on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

great for road trips, even when towing a fairly heavy load such as a 5 wheel. day to day gas mileage sucks with the 4.11 rearend... but you can almost pull a house off the foundation!!!

Chevy Tahoe
By gandalf on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Rear Window no longer works

good rating for tahoe
By shawn lane on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

rides great after 3 years and 66k miles. have had 0 problems. smooth pickup and the same mileage as a 6 cy explorer and much quiter