2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Woodside
By Woodside on 01/31/06 12:05 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We enjoy our Tahoe very much, just wish we could afford a new one. We travel with friends and they too like this vehicle because of the comfort and the ability to see better from it.

Great SUV
By Casey on 12/28/05 18:35 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I first purchased a new Ford explorer with 3rd seat and it was a disaster from the begining, I traded it in for a much safer and sturdier car, my Tahoe! After that my brother and his wife got one as well!

Bought New, still great
By Mike on 05/24/05 14:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I highly recommend this vehicle. The performance is outstanding and the vehicle is extremely comfortable. We bought a Honda Pilot as a second car and it fell way short of the Tahoe. The gas mileage isn't great, but no one should really expect great gas mileage from a vehicle of this size.

Great truck, love every minute of it
By khornet93 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'd been shopping for a new truck with my Jimmy lease about to expire when I ran across this one. Purchased GM Certified Used with only 16,000 miles on it. It has never been in for anything other than routine maintenance and I'd recommend this truck to anyone. Never tried any serious offroading in it, but it more than handles the harsh Michigan winters!

Good car
By bauerboy on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, good car to drive and useful features. Good gas mileage for size of engine but not a good overall fuel economy vehicle

Very Good
By Buckstein on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Best SUV I have ever owned. I have had many SUV's and this by far is the best. Excellent in the snow. Great fun to drive.

2001 Chevy Tahoe Z71
By bpgerl on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is a vehicle that I have wanted for a while and now that I own it I am more than satisfied with it. It is a very comfortable ride and exterior look of the vehicle are very sharp. I like the Z71 package because it makes it a more sporty looking SUV than the regular Tahoe LS/LT. Mechanically this vehicle is very sound and its performance is top of the line. I plan on going off roading a little bit and I know this will be the right vehicle for me. So I recommend a Tahoe, but I prefer the Z71 over the others with all the options. I love this vehicle and plan on keeping it for a very long time.

verry good
By gmangggg on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but good things to say about this well made vehicle.

tahoe of the northland
By DEP on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My Tahoe has done everything I have asked it to do. Only complant is the fuel economy seems to be much worse than I expected. I was hoping for 18 on highway and 15 in town, but I get 15 highway and 11-13 in town.

Tahoe Z-71
By Dilligaf32301 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Will Haul anything! Mileage is very good even at altitude. One of the best SUV's I've ever owned