2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: 2001 LT Tahoe

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic)

2001 LT Tahoe
By chemngnr on

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I am very happy with my Tahoe. I have a some engine noise and rattle in th front suspension which the dealer takes care of when I go in for service but they seem to come back within a few weeks. The worst part of the vehicle is the automated climate control system (CCS). It seems to do things that are contrary to rational thought. For instance, it could be 30 below and the auto CCS wants to turn on the AC! I've given up on it and run the system mannually.

The overall package is what I like best. If I picked one thing its the ease of flipping up/down the back seats. Between hauling kids and materials I do this often.

Larger cup holders for insulated coffee cups/32oz cups. Add sunglasses holder. Improve storage areas, for example there's a small shelf (below the DC plugs) that's too small to hold much plus things put there fall off while driving. Make OnStar optional - use the space for something useful