Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

BUY A 2001 THAOE!!!!!!!!!! BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!
By jbustelo

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

bought it with 175.000 miles and sold it with 245.000 miles, NEVER DO ANYTHING TO THAT TRUCK! AMAZING, ACTUALLY I DROVE IT FROM FLORIDA TO PA A BUNCH OF TIMES WITHOUT NO PROBLEM! this truck are amazing! with 245.000 miles on it, i would push the gas and that truck would still pull you into the seat! amazing, best product from chery so far! gas mileage in higway is actually really decent!

My 12 Year Old Tahoe
By mjgirard

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am replying on review (22389239) (220,000 miles and almost no repairs). I do not have over 200,000 miles on mine but we are closing in on 100,000 and had a busy weekend hauling students stuff back home with my 2001 Tahoe which has done a great job! Today with a loaded U-Haul large double wheeled trailer, I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to Rockingham, NC following the posted highway speeds and I am proud to say that with a 1 ton trailer and an apartment of living supplies and the Tahoe packed too I received a 14.2 miles per gallon average while pulling this trailer in Tow/Haul mode. This is 6th time I have moved children and their supplies to and from college and My Tahoe has never failed.

Favorite Features

Comfort, performance and usefulness. This Tahoe along with my 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo have been two of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I look forward into the future buying another Chevrolet to add to my garage. Keep up the good work Chevrolet.

220,000 miles and almost no repairs
By roadway1

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most amazing vehicle made. I use this vehicle for work and tow heavy trailers almost every time it is used. We have put 220,000 miles on it and it is running strong. You cannot kill this vehicle if you tried.

It's earned every penny i paid for it.
By jcastloo

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 200k on mine and its 99 percent original.. I used the mobil 1 oils, and serviced everything like i should on time.. bought gas at newer gas stations in town. I use it to tow full size trucks and boats around with out a prob.. it could use a little more ummphh behind it.. but in respect most of what i tow equals over 10k lbs. I sell parts and work on cars for a living.. and it seems I have found those that only change the oil in the engine.. and neglect everything else seem to be the ones have the issues with trans missions and alternators.. same with any car the better you maintain it, the longer it will last.. and for my tahoe i do not plan to get rid of it. Its done me good

Favorite Features

I love the view.. its easy to see out of with less blind spots compared to most full size suvs

Suggested Improvements

I have an spectre intake, would preferr a k&n. and also have a trottle body spacer "be carefull installing" most people end up with a vacuum leak afterward.. both have inproved my gas mileage.. and run 20x10 rims with a decent size side wall.. which has greatly improved traction when towing, stopping, and the handling improved the most.. body roll went to a minimum. this web would allow me to mark one with a 5.3l 4x4

Don't want to get rid of it
By Kelli

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best one I have ever owned. Was going to trade it for a Lincoln Navigator until I drove it! Nothing in my opinion handles like my Tahoe, I have 109,000 miles on it and it rides just like the day I bought it. Just purchased a new warranty for 5 yr for it cause I plan on keeping it!

Favorite Features

3rd row seat, all leather interior, heated seats, well everything.

Suggested Improvements

none, wouldn't buy a new one don't like the body shape, too boxy.