Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great purchase!
By Jeremy

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

These trucks are truly made like a rock. It's been the best car I've owned yet, were a GM only family. Just had the oil changed & 28 point inspection done this morning at my local Chevrolet dealer and the report shows nothing needs repair. She's a beast and accelerates great still. I've kept up with maintence like you should, have only had to replace the fuel pump and break lines ( car is from upstate NY originally - salty winters) The interior still looks new with the exception of very little wear in the drivers seat leather. Great vehicle for moving or hauling pretty much anything. A month or so ago I was in an automatic car wash and an Expedition rear ended me, my hitch stopped it from hurting my Hoe and busted their front bumper. I'll keep this baby til her last leg which I'm sure is another few hundred thousand miles.

If you come across a clean one with good service records, go for it, worth every dollar.

Proven reliability
By JE

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is one solid vehicle. I bought my z71 Tahoe in 2001. 134,000 later still drives like new. No major issues, just normal wear and tear items such as brakes, water pump, fuel pump and a couple oil seals. Luckily no transmission problems. Well worth the 40k I paid new. If you find a clean one jump on it!

Great used vehicle !!
By Chvylvr

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned almost every chevy truck they make. From a 93 and 02 suburban to an 03 and 09 silverado. They were all great trucks but I have to say the 01 tahoe is the most functional for my needs in the group. Not overly large fairly nimble good cargo space and room for 6 people (no 3rd row). The 5.3 liter moves this truck well. It is so smooth and you can hardly hear it idle. Got it with 93k with original Trans, rear etc. It has a good amount of rust underneath but nothing unusual for the northeast salted roads. No body rot at all and paint still shines like new. Not bad for a 14 year old truck. A new tahoe would be around $50k. I paid $5k for this one. I'll be due for another tahoe sometime around 2029 and I'm sure I'll get a good deal on a 2015 then.

BUY A 2001 THAOE!!!!!!!!!! BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!
By jbustelo

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

bought it with 175.000 miles and sold it with 245.000 miles, NEVER DO ANYTHING TO THAT TRUCK! AMAZING, ACTUALLY I DROVE IT FROM FLORIDA TO PA A BUNCH OF TIMES WITHOUT NO PROBLEM! this truck are amazing! with 245.000 miles on it, i would push the gas and that truck would still pull you into the seat! amazing, best product from chery so far! gas mileage in higway is actually really decent!

My 12 Year Old Tahoe
By mjgirard

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am replying on review (22389239) (220,000 miles and almost no repairs).
I do not have over 200,000 miles on mine but we are closing in on 100,000 and had a busy weekend hauling students stuff back home with my 2001 Tahoe which has done a great job! Today with a loaded U-Haul large double wheeled trailer, I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to Rockingham, NC following the posted highway speeds and I am proud to say that with a 1 ton trailer and an apartment of living supplies and the Tahoe packed too I received a 14.2 miles per gallon average while pulling this trailer in Tow/Haul mode. This is 6th time I have moved children and their supplies to and from college and My Tahoe has never failed.

Comfort, performance and usefulness. This Tahoe along with my 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo have been two of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I look forward into the future buying another Chevrolet to add to my garage. Keep up the good work Chevrolet.