2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
BUY A 2001 THAOE!!!!!!!!!! BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!
By jbustelo on 01/24/13 16:29 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

bought it with 175.000 miles and sold it with 245.000 miles, NEVER DO ANYTHING TO THAT TRUCK! AMAZING, ACTUALLY I DROVE IT FROM FLORIDA TO PA A BUNCH OF TIMES WITHOUT NO PROBLEM! this truck are amazing! with 245.000 miles on it, i would push the gas and that truck would still pull you into the seat! amazing, best product from chery so far! gas mileage in higway is actually really decent!

My 12 Year Old Tahoe
By mjgirard on 07/30/12 18:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am replying on review (22389239) (220,000 miles and almost no repairs). I do not have over 200,000 miles on mine but we are closing in on 100,000 and had a busy weekend hauling students stuff back home with my 2001 Tahoe which has done a great job! Today with a loaded U-Haul large double wheeled trailer, I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to Rockingham, NC following the posted highway speeds and I am proud to say that with a 1 ton trailer and an apartment of living supplies and the Tahoe packed too I received a 14.2 miles per gallon average while pulling this trailer in Tow/Haul mode. This is 6th time I have moved children and their supplies to and from college and My Tahoe has never failed.

Great SUV
By nettec on 06/03/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought my Tahoe new with 90 miles on it. I'm now at around 157,000. It still runs great! I haven't had any trouble out of it except the back hatch has had a little bit of trouble. I love the roominess and it drives great! Great storage area and lots of passenger room. The only thing that I don't like is the gas mileage. It gets about 16-17 mpg, which is really good for an SUV, but would be much better in a car. If your looking for a good suv, then this is great! But if you're wanting a vehicle with great gas mileage then choose a car.

Nice Vehicle!
By Spencer Brown on 03/21/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this Tahoe brand new with 15 miles on it. And we have never had any trouble out of it. We have taken it to be serviced every time it needed to be and its not that expensive on upkeep unlike my wife's Mercedes! This would probably be the best car for your money if your looking for a rugged rock hard family car! However the gas mileage is ok but could be better, especially with these high gas prices.

Fun vehicle and feels big
By TD on 03/24/06 17:02 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used because this one was in new condition, still is. It has most of what I wanted, but this particular vehicle needs traction control aka positraction. It's hard to get started fast from a stop without a lot of wheelspin. I just installed some wider 18" wheels and tires which might help. The gas mileage is poor but no worse than other Tahoe models. We use it for recreation mostly because we didn't really need to buy it. When we have a day off or two that's the car we take on trips. I still like the style better than the 2007 model which looks like the HD Chev PU with a Ford Expedition hanging on the back. Also I like the interior more than the 2007.

Woodside
By Woodside on 01/31/06 12:05 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We enjoy our Tahoe very much, just wish we could afford a new one. We travel with friends and they too like this vehicle because of the comfort and the ability to see better from it.

Great truck, love every minute of it
By khornet93 on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'd been shopping for a new truck with my Jimmy lease about to expire when I ran across this one. Purchased GM Certified Used with only 16,000 miles on it. It has never been in for anything other than routine maintenance and I'd recommend this truck to anyone. Never tried any serious offroading in it, but it more than handles the harsh Michigan winters!

I love my Tahoe
By angola20 on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am definitely a Tahoe person for life. It's the perfect vehicle in my opinion. Roomy, comfortable ride, dependable, and very stylish. It's never given me any problems.

Good Choice
By mdmader on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The smaller 4.8L engine is a bit under powered. I'm getting about 16 MPG on average. Mixed city and highway driving. Mileage could be better. Breaking is weak. If you haul large load, consider aftermarket breaks. Goes great in the snow and off road. Smooth when driving on the highway with stock tires. Visors are a bit small could be a bit longer to cover width of the side windows. Interior is dated.

Idle problem
By Jimstaff on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've really enjoyed the features and performance of my Tahoe; however it surges when idling. This summer it would not pull the AC and now it dies sometimes when I turn left. Dealer says it needs "throttle body clean out & reprogrammed - $300+). I'm skepital about paying that. This is the second time this has occurred. First time was under warranty. I've tried different fuel brands and grades. It does seem to run better on premium. Tahoe has 75,000 miles. If this is resolved, all else is satisfactory. Any feedback appreciated.