Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

BUY A 2001 THAOE!!!!!!!!!! BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!
By jbustelo

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

bought it with 175.000 miles and sold it with 245.000 miles, NEVER DO ANYTHING TO THAT TRUCK! AMAZING, ACTUALLY I DROVE IT FROM FLORIDA TO PA A BUNCH OF TIMES WITHOUT NO PROBLEM! this truck are amazing! with 245.000 miles on it, i would push the gas and that truck would still pull you into the seat! amazing, best product from chery so far! gas mileage in higway is actually really decent!

My 12 Year Old Tahoe
By mjgirard

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am replying on review (22389239) (220,000 miles and almost no repairs). I do not have over 200,000 miles on mine but we are closing in on 100,000 and had a busy weekend hauling students stuff back home with my 2001 Tahoe which has done a great job! Today with a loaded U-Haul large double wheeled trailer, I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to Rockingham, NC following the posted highway speeds and I am proud to say that with a 1 ton trailer and an apartment of living supplies and the Tahoe packed too I received a 14.2 miles per gallon average while pulling this trailer in Tow/Haul mode. This is 6th time I have moved children and their supplies to and from college and My Tahoe has never failed.

Comfort, performance and usefulness. This Tahoe along with my 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo have been two of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I look forward into the future buying another Chevrolet to add to my garage. Keep up the good work Chevrolet.

Great SUV
By nettec

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought my Tahoe new with 90 miles on it. I'm now at around 157,000. It still runs great! I haven't had any trouble out of it except the back hatch has had a little bit of trouble. I love the roominess and it drives great! Great storage area and lots of passenger room. The only thing that I don't like is the gas mileage. It gets about 16-17 mpg, which is really good for an SUV, but would be much better in a car. If your looking for a good suv, then this is great! But if you're wanting a vehicle with great gas mileage then choose a car.

Very roomy, drives well, no maintanence problems and carries 8 passengers when you use the 3rd seat (and 3rd seat easy to move)

Just wish gas mileage was better

Nice Vehicle!
By Spencer Brown

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this Tahoe brand new with 15 miles on it. And we have never had any trouble out of it. We have taken it to be serviced every time it needed to be and its not that expensive on upkeep unlike my wife's Mercedes! This would probably be the best car for your money if your looking for a rugged rock hard family car! However the gas mileage is ok but could be better, especially with these high gas prices.

Power seats, great sound system, rear air cond, 3 rows of seats!

Better fuel economy, and thats about it!

Fun vehicle and feels big
By TD

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used because this one was in new condition, still is. It has most of what I wanted, but this particular vehicle needs traction control aka positraction. It's hard to get started fast from a stop without a lot of wheelspin. I just installed some wider 18" wheels and tires which might help. The gas mileage is poor but no worse than other Tahoe models. We use it for recreation mostly because we didn't really need to buy it. When we have a day off or two that's the car we take on trips. I still like the style better than the 2007 model which looks like the HD Chev PU with a Ford Expedition hanging on the back. Also I like the interior more than the 2007.

It's big but not too big like a Suburban. It still is "cool". It's fun and easy to drive. And it is fast enough to get going when you want to. It's the perfect police patrol car! Big, high, and intimidating!

Positraction. If the big wide tires don't help, I'll get a posi unit installed.