2001 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
BUY A 2001 THAOE!!!!!!!!!! BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!!!!!!!!
By jbustelo on 01/24/13 16:29 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

bought it with 175.000 miles and sold it with 245.000 miles, NEVER DO ANYTHING TO THAT TRUCK! AMAZING, ACTUALLY I DROVE IT FROM FLORIDA TO PA A BUNCH OF TIMES WITHOUT NO PROBLEM! this truck are amazing! with 245.000 miles on it, i would push the gas and that truck would still pull you into the seat! amazing, best product from chery so far! gas mileage in higway is actually really decent!

My 12 Year Old Tahoe
By mjgirard on 07/30/12 18:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am replying on review (22389239) (220,000 miles and almost no repairs). I do not have over 200,000 miles on mine but we are closing in on 100,000 and had a busy weekend hauling students stuff back home with my 2001 Tahoe which has done a great job! Today with a loaded U-Haul large double wheeled trailer, I drove from Winston-Salem, NC to Rockingham, NC following the posted highway speeds and I am proud to say that with a 1 ton trailer and an apartment of living supplies and the Tahoe packed too I received a 14.2 miles per gallon average while pulling this trailer in Tow/Haul mode. This is 6th time I have moved children and their supplies to and from college and My Tahoe has never failed.

220,000 miles and almost no repairs
By roadway1 on 05/22/11 05:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most amazing vehicle made. I use this vehicle for work and tow heavy trailers almost every time it is used. We have put 220,000 miles on it and it is running strong. You cannot kill this vehicle if you tried.

It's earned every penny i paid for it.
By jcastloo on 05/05/11 20:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 200k on mine and its 99 percent original.. I used the mobil 1 oils, and serviced everything like i should on time.. bought gas at newer gas stations in town. I use it to tow full size trucks and boats around with out a prob.. it could use a little more ummphh behind it.. but in respect most of what i tow equals over 10k lbs. I sell parts and work on cars for a living.. and it seems I have found those that only change the oil in the engine.. and neglect everything else seem to be the ones have the issues with trans missions and alternators.. same with any car the better you maintain it, the longer it will last.. and for my tahoe i do not plan to get rid of it. Its done me good

Don't want to get rid of it
By Kelli on 07/22/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best one I have ever owned. Was going to trade it for a Lincoln Navigator until I drove it! Nothing in my opinion handles like my Tahoe, I have 109,000 miles on it and it rides just like the day I bought it. Just purchased a new warranty for 5 yr for it cause I plan on keeping it!

All Good Except Suspension!!
By damagg13 on 04/24/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this 01 Tahoe used in 05 with about 50k on it. Everything has been great, added a dual exhuast along with a k&n filter for a 2-3 mpg increase. Other than that the truck is stock. Mechanically the truck is still in good shape,(engine and trans) but everything else in the car is LOOSE, LOOSE,LOOSE! Steering is awful, and the suspension has not been unfixable! The "autoride" feature has to be the worst automotive engineering mistake ever! Air compressors don't last and shocks are about $400 per unit. Granted the truck is 10 yrs old from build date, but you can't even cure suspension issues without spending thousands!

Z71 Off Road
By Hunter on 03/23/10 16:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We absolutely love our Tahoe!! We bought it in November 2009 knowing it had a few problems from the previous owner's neglect. But after maintenance and repair, it runs fantastic!! I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone looking for a full sized SUV.

Great Puller or commuter
By Mike of Mille Lacs on 02/01/10 14:10 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 01 Tahoe ls 4wd in may of 2009, had 110k mi on it then, has roughly 136k on it now (2/2010) have gotten 18.5 mpg w/out load going 65 mph during the summer on the highway with no stops. I love the truck. Love the tow haul, stopping w/out elec. Brakes is hard with a 3,000 lb boat/trailer behind you, wish Chevy would have put a little bigger rotors in. Mechanically since I have owned I have replaced washer fluid pump, and power steering pump went out (quite rare I hear). Wheels are corroding a little but hey its Minnesota they use salt. If someone asked my opinion about getting this vehicle, I would 100% without question tell them to go for it.

Still Happy after 8 years
By Sally on 09/20/09 17:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Tahoe! It's the first vehicle I've owned that was my choice alone. Outside of normal maintenance, only the pump in the reservoir for the windshield cleaner has needed to be replaced. This thing handles like a car, slipping effortlessly into parking places and turning easily. After all this time, it still draws compliments.

By Comparison
By carruthers on 05/10/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My wife drives a Pathfinder of the same year and mine has 87,000 more miles and my tahoe has less wrong with it, better overall cosmetic look inside and outside. The Tahoe is timeless. For this generation its hard to tell who has an old one and who has a new one. By the way, the fuel economy isn't much different between the tahoe and pathfinder and the Tahoe is much heavier.