2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Much better than Explorer

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Much better than Explorer
By Mikey1477 on

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded in a 1997 Explorer LTD that was absolutely loaded. I didn't get as many options on the Tahoe, but what a difference in ride, acceleration, handling, etc. I always felt out of control in the Explorer, but the Tahoe sticks to the road like glue. I wish Chevy would stop putting cheap parts into $40,000 vehicles though. The interior really leaves something to be desired, and I have had 2 window motors go out in 2 1/2 years. They do a great job on engines/transmissions, but seem to treat everything else as an afterthought.

Engine, engine, engine!! Very powerful. Space - I use this truck for landscaping/building, as well as going on ski vacations, and just out to dinner. I have never said, "Man I wish this was bigger". Good radio, decent layout of controls, great commanding view of road.

Use better plastic on interior. Put the whole thing together better so there are no sqeaks/rattles after just 6 months of driving. USE BETTER WINDOW MOTORS!! This goes for all GM products. Look into the fact that when on "Auto 4WD", the car seems to just go in and out of 4WD mode.