2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
2000.5 Chevy Tahoe LT
By djp255 on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I love this vehicle

Tahoe LS
By Ashley on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Extremely smooth ride, I haven't found anything better. It is a very sharp looking vehicle, which makes it hard to take it off-road, but if you do the ride is still very smooth and enjoyable.

2000 Chev Tahoe
By eman on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great comfort for both driver and passenger. Very roomy for kids and vacation. We drove this vehicle to our Oregon property the past two years (approx drive time 7 hours), and never felt crowded. Excellent handling, poor gas mileage around city.

NOTHING CLOSE
By STEVE12175 on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE EVER OWNED. WAS GOING TO BUY A DURANGO. I WAS HAPPY WITH THE TEST DRIVE UNTIL I DROVE A TAHOE. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! RIDES WONDERFULLY. WAS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY. FOR THIS MUCH POWER THE GAS MILEAGE IS EXCELLENT. 100 DEGREE HEAT IS NO PROBLEM FOR THE AIRCONDITIONING SYSTEM. EVEN FOR THIRD ROW. PASSENGERS HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM ON LONG DRIVES. 5.3L CAN PULL ONTO HIGHWAY LIKE A ROCKET.

Very Good Vehical
By Happie44 on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

This truck is a big improvement over previous models. This truck has been problem free.

Much improved over the last generation
By TB on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a definite improvement over the older generation Tahoe in areas of power, roominess and technology. It drives solidly (even off-road) and doesn't seem as mammoth as the Expedition. However, the transmission seems to be slipping occasionally and I still have yet to reach the EPA gas mileage estimates, averaging 12-14 MPG in 60% city/40% highway driving (EPA estimates indicate 14 City/17 Highway). Still, it’s not as thirsty as the Expedition and what you’d expect from a mid-sized V8 moving 5000+ lbs. around. The weatherstripping and interior trim has dislodged itself in a few select spots. Besides a few weaknesses, I’m happy with my Tahoe.

Much improved over the last generation
By tb on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Love my used Tahoe
By Jerry I on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Having been a Chevy loyalist since my first car, I knew the Tahoe would be my next vehicle. The 42K sticker on a new LT was too high, so I started searching for a used 2000 model that was black and had the 3rd row seat. After 3 months of searching, I finally found what I wanted with 18K miles on it. I've only been it the vehicle for a few days, but I can proudly say the ride is awesome. I test drove a 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition and it drove like a truck. The Tahoe seems more like a car. I still have to get used to the size. The engine is strong, nothing like a Chevy V8 pulling you around. The gas mileage is reasonable for a vehicle of this size. So I give the Tahoe 2 thumbs up.

the best suv
By Vic Lashewitz on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

very comfortable ride. Driving was fun, for being 55 years old, the drive from Cincinnati OH to Miami FL. was a joy. The quiet ride and smooth Driving did it. I towed a 18 ft bass boat no problems. At one time during the trip did get up to 19 mpg.

Happy Owner
By Tahoe Owner on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, the Tahoe is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has a smooth ride, lots of power, and plenty of luxuries. With heated custom leather seats, memorized seat settings for the driver, fog lamps, Onstar, and many other luxuries, the Tahoe is definitely the perfect combination of luxury car and powerful truck.