2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
the greatest truck ever
By BIGDOGJT14 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

It is a great truck it has never got stuck in the snow and never had any problems. It picks up speed like nothing. I would say the best truck to buy!!

Tahoe
By bmony7 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I own a 2000 Tahoe Limited. Looks great and the ride is smooth and easy to drive.

Nice Truck
By bhusarek on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Our 2000 Tahoe has been a great truck for us. It has done everything we have wanted and more, without any problems.

GM needs to improve
By cagdgg on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Its been 3 1/2 years since my wife and i bought this Tahoe. It is quite an improvment from the 1995 Tahoe LT we owned but we still have problems with this one. After owning a 1995 and 2000 Tahoe's its made me second guess sticking with Chevy.

Some Room for Improvement
By purewater on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've driven 4WD vehicles for 16 years straight now - 87 Subaru Wagon, 92 Toyota 4Runner, 98 Ford Expedition & 2000.5 Tahoe LT. While this vehicle beat the 98 Expedition hands down in many categories, i.e. handling, acceleration, fit & finish, etc. I figure for $40,000, it still has some room for improvement. I'm trying to buy American made (if there is such a thing), but I'm concerned that some unnamed foreigners, might be providing a slightly better value in this market segment. The Tahoe is still a global competitor (and I had the first year of the new Tahoe), but don't rest easy Chevy, the big truck market is no longer dominated by the good 'ol USA.

2000 LT Tahoe - loves it
By bkjohnson on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

We purchased a used 2000 Tahoe with approximately 25,000 miles on it. It was our first used car purchase so we were initially a little apprehensive. Luckily, we have had no problems whatsoever (*knock on wood*). The main reason we bought the Tahoe was for its towing capacity, and we have not been disappointed. My husband trailers cars and when doing so with the Tahoe, you wouldn't even know it was towing unless you looked out the back window. Overall, our experience has been very positive. The Tahoe is a great vehicle. We would definitely recommend a Tahoe and purchase another one in the future, but we plan on keeping this one for a long time.

2 1/2 Years and Still Pleased
By JnGalt52 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

We waited for the 2000 model change and the "changes" were as promised. Jus had the brakes checked at 24,000 miles and they are still good to go! The only problems we had were with the back door electric window motors. Told the problem was a design flaw and the replacement motors have worked perfectly. I have driven off road, in heavy rain and snow and in heavy downtown traffic. I have towed several times as well. The Tahoe handled all tasks like a champ. I highly recommend the 2000 model and above.

Tahoe now 3 years old
By jimc on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck three years ago just after they first shipped. It's been a great truck in general. My biggest complaints are the little things including 3 or 4 recalls. All were fairly minor, but still an inconvenience. Dealer service has been great while under warranty. The only major mechanical problem was the front end suspension had to be replaced even though we only drive 6000 miles per year.

Tahoe now 3 years old
By jimC on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

BAD EXPERIENCE
By MDAS on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

Had transmisison problem 5 time, had transmission work every timeunder warranty. Almost died with my family on the highway after taking the SUV back from the dealership after they said it was fixed. Nothing but problems since, they changed the transmission twice, gaskets once, computer failure once....Chevy would not buy back the car under lemon law said I had to give them official notice before 18K miles. Looking to buy something other than Chevy.