Used 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Like a rock
By Sam

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I'm very pleased with my Tahoe after 74k miles. No transmission issues but have had the ABS module go out twice. First time was under warranty and the second time I had it repaired for about $200 instead of the $1,200 the dealer wanted. Also came with a 5 yr warr instead of 12 month. The rest of the braking system is great, still on original pads and rotors. Plenty of power to tow trailer and people. And even thought gas mileage isn't great, it's better than what some Ford and Dodge owners I know are getting.

Favorite Features

Love the cargo doors instead of the liftgate. Front row center seat is much more useful than the console it came with.

Suggested Improvements

Longer warranty with purchase.

Happy with Tahoe
By Nikki Graham

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I am extremely happy with my 2000 Tahoe. "Knock on Wood" I haven't had any problems with mine. Prior to owning a Chevy I drove Ford Explorers and there is no comparism. I had my share of lemons with Ford. My Tahoe currently has 88,000 miles and still drives like it did when it had 40,000. I would buy another Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Handling is great.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper smears window.

2000 Chevy Tahoe
By Cedric

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

The transmission went out at 70000 miles. The ABS system failed at 64000 miles. The vehicle was serviced only by the dealership and after numerous trips to complain about the ABS braking problem, it was never duplicated when tested by a service technician. Therefore the problem was never fixed. After the warranty expired, then and only then was the problem identified. I replaced the ABS system, the rotors, brake pads and the emergency brake pad at a cost of $1300.00. The dealership wanted over $2500.00 to fix everything. I want even begin to talk about the transmission being replaced. So, I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, nor will I ever purchase another Chevy product.

Favorite Features

The vehicle looks good and the interior is comfortable. It handles nicely and has plenty of space.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the transmission problems (I know at least 10 Tahoe owners who had to replace the transmission), correct the ABS system, and the AC and Heating system need to be overhauled.

Stay Away From This Vehicle!!!
By ssiga

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

This vehicle is possessed! The windows open, the lumbar in the seats change, and the clock changes time at will. We rarely drive this vehicle due to its unreliability, but since it's leased, we're stuck with it. The dealership has done numerous repairs, but now that our 3 year warranty is over, we're on our own with the same issues, even though the vehicle only has about 32,000. Look at the Tahoes as you drive down the highway; notice how many new vehicles have light bulbs burned out? Not a well made vehicle; Chevy should be ashamed!

Favorite Features

Interior Size - not as big as my previous Suburban, obviously, but the size was good for making short runs to the store.

Suggested Improvements

There is no substitute for quality. I think my next vehicle will be a Lexus. I would gladly have paid more for reliabilty. After 20+ years, this vehicle will be my last Chevy!

Bama Tahoe Owner
By Tahoe Guy

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

Overall a great vehicle. If you're looking at an Expedition reconsider. The Tahoe has much more power and a better ride. Has been to the dealer once for the power window on front passenger side, other than that no problems.

Favorite Features

5.3L V8. Towing capacity. Overall ride and body style.

Suggested Improvements

Optional rear entertainment system and more better rear cup holders. Sound system not as good as it could be.