2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Nice SUV
By djlarroc on 09/24/11 23:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Tahoe w/175k in 2008. Yes, 175k. Had all the service records, so felt it was treated right. Has been fairly reliable in the last 25k. Oil pump went out, battery died on a hot summer day, 4x4 electrical selector switch went out ($20 @rockauto - 10 min fix). Now, I can hear the air ride constantly running, so i'm sure the shocks are leaking, but overall, I'm still happy w/this truck. Has TONS of room, 5.3 has nice power, and I'm getting about 16MPG city. Not bad for al you get. Ride is very nice and comfy. Great for road trips. Winter driving is awesome. LT has leather package, and is nicely put together. Great truck!

great truck
By jay on 03/03/10 15:13 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

about 134,000 miles and still ruining smooth,i bought the truck some time ago and i did not know what i got into, until now i did research on this website and it states that the reliability is bad, but this truck has given me no problems, except i have to replace the differential around 114,000 miles which i didn't mind considering the miles, although it cost $1500,

Going for 200K
By Brian on 02/16/10 06:03 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

At the time this was one of the largest single largest investments our family had made. 10 years later, well worth it. We just hit 170K and just had our first major repair - oil seals were leaking. We have done nothing to this truck except the usual - tires, batteries, brakes and oil/fluids. If you take care of these trucks they definitely take care of you.

Better all the time!
By Bob Christie on 02/25/09 09:31 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

With almost 160,000 miles on this SUV, I know I should be looking to replace it, but it still runs so good, I'm hesitating to let it go. I bought it with 50K miles on it and went to AMSOIL lube in the tranny and crankcase shortly after. It still burns no oil (20K between changes)and the gas mileage is now pushing 20 mpg on the highway. It's been awesome. At 70, I've had lots of cars in my lifetime, and this has been one of the best.

Chevy is the best
By mizmommy on 02/07/09 08:56 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

This is the very best SUV I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I couldn't have asked for a better looking or running vehicle. I've never had any problems with it, very satisfied. And very roomy. We have a family of 5 and everyone has enough elbow room to move around and be comfortable.

Awesome Tahoe
By Joe on 02/02/09 00:24 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great car. Just hit 150k. Handles effortlessly in deep snow and ice. Pretty good off road with 4wd low. Rides smooth when it doesn't have big snow tires on it. Very easy to drive and good turning radius. Handles nicely for an SUV. Hardly any major unexpected problems. Transmission needed work (not replaced) around 80k, but this was after towing a 5000lb + trailer around the country. ABS needed to be replaced around 135k miles. Plenty of power. Car cruises easily at 80mph at 2300rpm's.

Like a rock
By Sam on 08/14/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I'm very pleased with my Tahoe after 74k miles. No transmission issues but have had the ABS module go out twice. First time was under warranty and the second time I had it repaired for about $200 instead of the $1,200 the dealer wanted. Also came with a 5 yr warr instead of 12 month. The rest of the braking system is great, still on original pads and rotors. Plenty of power to tow trailer and people. And even thought gas mileage isn't great, it's better than what some Ford and Dodge owners I know are getting.

Chevy Tahoe is a great family ride!
By maureen lemaster on 06/19/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Tahoe used and have had a wonderful experience driving it. It is completely trustworthy and comfortable for a family with kids and dogs. Even with high mileage, I never worry about taking my 2 year old out in the elements. I just know this truck will get us to our destination. This is my second Tahoe and I plan to keep buying them because of the high quality and good looks. I just love it!

2000 Tahoe
By gatordan on 04/28/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

Great vehicle. Plenty of power but slightly sluggish. Handles towing perfectly. Only issue I have is the engine is noisy when I first start it. Sounds like a diesel. Once it warms up, it's fine. I'm told that it's piston slap and it won't harm the engine. So good so far.

Happy with Tahoe
By Nikki Graham on 06/12/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I am extremely happy with my 2000 Tahoe. "Knock on Wood" I haven't had any problems with mine. Prior to owning a Chevy I drove Ford Explorers and there is no comparism. I had my share of lemons with Ford. My Tahoe currently has 88,000 miles and still drives like it did when it had 40,000. I would buy another Tahoe.

1 2 3 4 5 next »