2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Chevy is the best
By mizmommy on 02/07/09 08:56 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

This is the very best SUV I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I couldn't have asked for a better looking or running vehicle. I've never had any problems with it, very satisfied. And very roomy. We have a family of 5 and everyone has enough elbow room to move around and be comfortable.

2000 Tahoe
By gatordan on 04/28/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Great vehicle. Plenty of power but slightly sluggish. Handles towing perfectly. Only issue I have is the engine is noisy when I first start it. Sounds like a diesel. Once it warms up, it's fine. I'm told that it's piston slap and it won't harm the engine. So good so far.

2000 Tahoe Burns Mobil 1
By SmokinTahoe on 05/04/06 13:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Purchased a 2000 Tahoe new, was going to try and keep for 10 years. It has been using a quart of oil every oil change, and now up to about a quart every couple months; poor GM, I guess they desire for the others guys to un-plug the life support.

Most Comfortable SUV Ever
By CJHAYGOOD on 01/11/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I love driving this horse. it is a cofortable cruising truck as well as a get up and go truck. The V8 kicks in smooth and the fuel mileage is not bad. We have added a few features along with the VCR. All the omforts of home with the exception of a bathroom. Chevy builds them tough, however they also realize that women prefer the comfort factors offered in the Tahoe.

Had a Few Problems But Happy
By Happy-campers-r-us on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle used 18 mos ago with 29,000 miles. Fortunately it was still under mfg warranty and I was able to purchase an extended warranty for $1200. I have used the extended warranty twice in the past 3 weeks. The first time was for the Electronic Brake control module (ABS computer) $950. The second problem was another computer problem for the ignition system = $450. Otherwise I am very happy with the vehicle. We use it to tow our camper and it works great. But I am certainly glad we purchased the extended warranty.

have you had this problem
By mississippi on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

The vehicle would be great except that the abs system went out, right at 37k, out of warranty. I know 6 other people this happend too, I think they should recall it. It cost 1000.00 to repair. I would'nt think anything but bad luck on my part if it was't for the fact that this problem has happend to 6 other people.

Tahoe
By bmony7 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I own a 2000 Tahoe Limited. Looks great and the ride is smooth and easy to drive.

2000 LT Tahoe - loves it
By bkjohnson on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

We purchased a used 2000 Tahoe with approximately 25,000 miles on it. It was our first used car purchase so we were initially a little apprehensive. Luckily, we have had no problems whatsoever (*knock on wood*). The main reason we bought the Tahoe was for its towing capacity, and we have not been disappointed. My husband trailers cars and when doing so with the Tahoe, you wouldn't even know it was towing unless you looked out the back window. Overall, our experience has been very positive. The Tahoe is a great vehicle. We would definitely recommend a Tahoe and purchase another one in the future, but we plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Tahoe now 3 years old
By jimc on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought this truck three years ago just after they first shipped. It's been a great truck in general. My biggest complaints are the little things including 3 or 4 recalls. All were fairly minor, but still an inconvenience. Dealer service has been great while under warranty. The only major mechanical problem was the front end suspension had to be replaced even though we only drive 6000 miles per year.

Tahoe now 3 years old
By jimC on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)