Used 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Chevy is the best
By mizmommy

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

This is the very best SUV I've ever had the pleasure of driving. I couldn't have asked for a better looking or running vehicle. I've never had any problems with it, very satisfied. And very roomy. We have a family of 5 and everyone has enough elbow room to move around and be comfortable.

Everything about my Tahoe are my favorite features.

No improvement needed

2000 Tahoe
By gatordan

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Great vehicle. Plenty of power but slightly sluggish. Handles towing perfectly. Only issue I have is the engine is noisy when I first start it. Sounds like a diesel. Once it warms up, it's fine. I'm told that it's piston slap and it won't harm the engine. So good so far.

Truck power with great ride. I like everything about it.

Improve engine performance and fuel economy..

2000 Tahoe Burns Mobil 1
By SmokinTahoe

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Purchased a 2000 Tahoe new, was going to try and keep for 10 years. It has been using a quart of oil every oil change, and now up to about a quart every couple months; poor GM, I guess they desire for the others guys to un-plug the life support.

Make an SUV that at least have dependable motors and trans; will run over 100k without going out, slipping or burning fluids.

Most Comfortable SUV Ever
By CJHAYGOOD

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I love driving this horse. it is a cofortable cruising truck as well as a get up and go truck. The V8 kicks in smooth and the fuel mileage is not bad. We have added a few features along with the VCR. All the omforts of home with the exception of a bathroom. Chevy builds them tough, however they also realize that women prefer the comfort factors offered in the Tahoe.

I love the OnStar, the sound system, and the smooth ride. My husband likes the size and power.

None, we love it!

Had a Few Problems But Happy
By Happy-campers-r-us

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle used 18 mos ago with 29,000 miles. Fortunately it was still under mfg warranty and I was able to purchase an extended warranty for $1200. I have used the extended warranty twice in the past 3 weeks. The first time was for the Electronic Brake control module (ABS computer) $950. The second problem was another computer problem for the ignition system = $450. Otherwise I am very happy with the vehicle. We use it to tow our camper and it works great. But I am certainly glad we purchased the extended warranty.

Very comfortable ride for a large SUV and the size is great for our family outings. And it tows very well.

Better gas mileage.