2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Like a rock
By Sam on 08/14/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I'm very pleased with my Tahoe after 74k miles. No transmission issues but have had the ABS module go out twice. First time was under warranty and the second time I had it repaired for about $200 instead of the $1,200 the dealer wanted. Also came with a 5 yr warr instead of 12 month. The rest of the braking system is great, still on original pads and rotors. Plenty of power to tow trailer and people. And even thought gas mileage isn't great, it's better than what some Ford and Dodge owners I know are getting.

Happy with Tahoe
By Nikki Graham on 06/12/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I am extremely happy with my 2000 Tahoe. "Knock on Wood" I haven't had any problems with mine. Prior to owning a Chevy I drove Ford Explorers and there is no comparism. I had my share of lemons with Ford. My Tahoe currently has 88,000 miles and still drives like it did when it had 40,000. I would buy another Tahoe.

2000 Chevy Tahoe
By Cedric on 12/06/05 16:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

The transmission went out at 70000 miles. The ABS system failed at 64000 miles. The vehicle was serviced only by the dealership and after numerous trips to complain about the ABS braking problem, it was never duplicated when tested by a service technician. Therefore the problem was never fixed. After the warranty expired, then and only then was the problem identified. I replaced the ABS system, the rotors, brake pads and the emergency brake pad at a cost of $1300.00. The dealership wanted over $2500.00 to fix everything. I want even begin to talk about the transmission being replaced. So, I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, nor will I ever purchase another Chevy product.

Stay Away From This Vehicle!!!
By ssiga on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

This vehicle is possessed! The windows open, the lumbar in the seats change, and the clock changes time at will. We rarely drive this vehicle due to its unreliability, but since it's leased, we're stuck with it. The dealership has done numerous repairs, but now that our 3 year warranty is over, we're on our own with the same issues, even though the vehicle only has about 32,000. Look at the Tahoes as you drive down the highway; notice how many new vehicles have light bulbs burned out? Not a well made vehicle; Chevy should be ashamed!

Bama Tahoe Owner
By Tahoe Guy on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

Overall a great vehicle. If you're looking at an Expedition reconsider. The Tahoe has much more power and a better ride. Has been to the dealer once for the power window on front passenger side, other than that no problems.

2 1/2 Years and Still Pleased
By JnGalt52 on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

We waited for the 2000 model change and the "changes" were as promised. Jus had the brakes checked at 24,000 miles and they are still good to go! The only problems we had were with the back door electric window motors. Told the problem was a design flaw and the replacement motors have worked perfectly. I have driven off road, in heavy rain and snow and in heavy downtown traffic. I have towed several times as well. The Tahoe handled all tasks like a champ. I highly recommend the 2000 model and above.

BAD EXPERIENCE
By MDAS on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

Had transmisison problem 5 time, had transmission work every timeunder warranty. Almost died with my family on the highway after taking the SUV back from the dealership after they said it was fixed. Nothing but problems since, they changed the transmission twice, gaskets once, computer failure once....Chevy would not buy back the car under lemon law said I had to give them official notice before 18K miles. Looking to buy something other than Chevy.

Great Ride
By adjmcloon on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I actually had settled on an Expedition and was shopping around when I decided to try the Tahoe. What a difference! The ride and power were a huge step up from the Expedition. The interior seats are soft and comfy, and I love all of the gadgets. I tow a trailer regularly (2-3 times a week) and I was amazed at how well the "tow/haul" mode worked. I was thinking that it would just turn off overdrive, but actually it changes the shift points to allow the vehicle to act like it does when it's unloaded. Also, the autoride feature is the bomb- it levels out the vehicle suspension when it's under load. Gas mileage is much better than the Ford.