Used 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

I love My Truck!
By cluv

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My Tahoe has over 256,000 miles on it. I had to replace the transmission around 190,000 miles. Unfortunately I had to replace the transmission with one that had 167,000 miles on it because it was hard to find another. Other than that, no major problems. Replaced tie rods twice, but the roads are full of pot holes here. Sadly, the break lines rusted and broke. I decided I am just going to let it go instead of fixing it. This truck has gotten my family through many winters and deep snow.

Favorite Features

I love that it does not get stuck in the snow. I like the bench seat up front. Lots of room to haul stuff. Very roomy for a family to be in.

Suggested Improvements

I had problems with the door locks. The driver's side lock keeps jamming. My interior lights don't come on when the headlights come on.

Nice SUV
By djlarroc

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Tahoe w/175k in 2008. Yes, 175k. Had all the service records, so felt it was treated right. Has been fairly reliable in the last 25k. Oil pump went out, battery died on a hot summer day, 4x4 electrical selector switch went out ($20 @rockauto - 10 min fix). Now, I can hear the air ride constantly running, so i'm sure the shocks are leaking, but overall, I'm still happy w/this truck. Has TONS of room, 5.3 has nice power, and I'm getting about 16MPG city. Not bad for al you get. Ride is very nice and comfy. Great for road trips. Winter driving is awesome. LT has leather package, and is nicely put together. Great truck!

Favorite Features

Power, space, ride.

great truck
By jay

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

about 134,000 miles and still ruining smooth,i bought the truck some time ago and i did not know what i got into, until now i did research on this website and it states that the reliability is bad, but this truck has given me no problems, except i have to replace the differential around 114,000 miles which i didn't mind considering the miles, although it cost $1500,

Favorite Features

torque when press down on gas, sound of engine, acceleration for its size, braking

Suggested Improvements

interior design, stronger drive train

Going for 200K
By Brian

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

At the time this was one of the largest single largest investments our family had made. 10 years later, well worth it. We just hit 170K and just had our first major repair - oil seals were leaking. We have done nothing to this truck except the usual - tires, batteries, brakes and oil/fluids. If you take care of these trucks they definitely take care of you.

Favorite Features

This truck is super reliable and very comfortable. Even 10 years old the styling is still current. This truck has 7 little girls in it multiple times a week and is just starting to show the wear - not bad GM.

Suggested Improvements

I am still waiting on a third row fold down seat - those things are heavy! Bring back the two door version with the removable top!

Better all the time!
By Bob Christie

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

With almost 160,000 miles on this SUV, I know I should be looking to replace it, but it still runs so good, I'm hesitating to let it go. I bought it with 50K miles on it and went to AMSOIL lube in the tranny and crankcase shortly after. It still burns no oil (20K between changes)and the gas mileage is now pushing 20 mpg on the highway. It's been awesome. At 70, I've had lots of cars in my lifetime, and this has been one of the best.

Favorite Features

Solid reliability, lumbar support, tow/haul mode (I often tow a trailer or boat).

Suggested Improvements

Only wish it had a CD player.