Not a bad vehicle so far
By devman on
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD
This truck has been in the family since new, my mom owned it until last year when I took it over. It has approximately 97k on it and we have never had any major issues. The heated seats have burnt out, and the seats themselves only recline to one position, fortunately that position works for me. The inside is comfortable, I am 6'4" so the headroom is a big plus for me. It has a terrible meandering problem, which I now understand to be a weak point in the idler/pitman/ball joints. I am considering upgrading to some performance parts after I take care of the steering, and doing a much needed change of shocks.
Favorite Features
Love the opportunity to upgrade parts, never had a customizable vehicle before. The room and the authority on the road (especially in the winter, 4-wheel drive works great.) I love the looks of this truck, even more when it's clean!
Suggested Improvements
The seats are comfy, but made for shorter people, and the heated seat's power transistor burns out so easy (this is a very common problem.) All the doors need to have hinges replaced, which I think is ridiculous. I feel that is has sub-par gas mileage, but I am used to driving a car.