1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: It seems like one thing after

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Review

It seems like one thing after another
By MICKITUP on

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my '99 4wd in 2004 w/60,000 miles, now w/172,500 things are going wrong. 3 sets of tires(allignment, ball joints) 2 sets of rotors & brakes. I've replaced the fuel, water, & P/S pump. My battery also leaked acid & the cables melted to the battery. Flickering lights, jiggling doors, the radio turns off/on by itself ,A/C wont blow on high, 2 broken door handles. Only the driver can control the power windows (bad switch) So After owning this Tahoe for 2 1/2 years & not being able to smog it due to a leaky injector in the 5th cyl.(recalled by Chevy) the DMV won't issue plates or send me the pink until she passes smog .Regardless of all this, I'm buying a new Tahoe and will always drive a Chevy.

Thanks to the 5.7L VORTEC She is a billy goat when it comes to climbing hills & pulling our 19' ski boat.The Tahoe's shorter wheelbase vs.the Suburban is great for 4x4. We never got stuck!

Better brakes! Better switches. Better door handles. Tighter pins in doors. Make parts more accesible when replacing.