Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Trouble Free Service
By DaveTV

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Tahoe has been a wonderful truck. I bought it with 6000 miles and 119,000 miles later it continues to satisfy. The only repair work has been brakes at 80,000 and a fuel pump at 124,000. The car has yet to need a tune up and is still on the original CV joint boots up front. The Tahoe is very comfortable and easy to handle with a relatively short turning radius. The truck has been a great tow vehicle for my fairly heavy 19' ski boat. The 5.7 Vortec with OD tranny performs well while turning in a respectable 17 MPG on the highway. No plans to unload this one anytime soon.

The driveability and ride is great. The 4WD system has performed well when called upon. My wife loves the heated leather seats. The eight speaker CD sound system kicks butt.

Some of the exterior trim (door handles) could be beefed up. The drivers side handle craked but is still functional. No other complaints come to mind.

No Probs So Far...knock on wood.
By CrowneRoyal

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only had my Tahoe for 8 weeks, but I must say that it is a better vehicle so far than any of my past cars. I love the way that the TV folds down at the punch of a button, therefore the kids can watch TV or play a game without my having to pull over to turn it on. The gas mileage had a lot to improve on, however, I was told that 12-15 mpg was normal for a truck of this size. I look forward to having my truck for many years to come.

Motorized television, gaming system, VCP, heated front seats, towing package, separate radio for back seat passengers

GAS MILEAGE------------The more the better!

1999 Tahoe
By Todd Neu

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

Neat simple exterior design. Would change the tailgate to that of a Suburban (2 opening doors). Peppy engine for a SUV.

350 CI V8, Dual AC. Very Good Stock sound system

Door handles need to be more rugged. Broke 2 within 1 year.

honey the tahoe is making a funny noise
By don't do it

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got this angel from hell with 48000 on it. Looked great ran great. Since then have done front brakes three times in 40000 miles, manifold gasket, then the kicker it dropped a rod at 72000. BLOWN ENGINE. Cost of ownership has been more than any vehicle I have owned over 30 years. Would not buy another but the way the resale is dropping on this puppy may not be able to unload it. GM was sorry but of no help with the engine problem even with recorded oil changes and maintenence I will not buy one of these again period.

heated seats, comfort on long trip if you get there.

brakes are bad, fuel economy bad, fit and finish typical GM lots of broken pieces.

My Chevy
By Markizel

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

This is a great vehicle. Gets great gas mileage for a big vehicle and is comfortable to ride in. It has an extremely smooth ride. Rides like a car, even though it has the heart and soul of a truck.

I particularly like the body style. Big, but not too big. It has an incredible turn radius for a vehicle of its size. I have turned the vehicle around in areas where some small cars couldnt even make it.

I would definitely put a different center console, there is too much empty space there. Also, I would make it come standard with larger tires.