1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
still great
By chesterhd on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this ride. I have 117000 on it and only have had to deal with the dreaded clunk when starting from a complete stop. I had it checked by my local mechanic. He DID find a front universal joint going out, but everything else looked fine. It pulls trailers effortlessly and is comfortable enough to take a nap in on long trips where you need to stop for a quick nap. Bought car when it had 75000 on it. It was a lease up in Michigan. Some rust on bumpers and interior seat bolts, but nothing major. What ever happened to the standard undercoating all cars use to get. I guess that stopped in the 70's. LOL

Brakes Suck
By WW on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

Great drive train but the brakes suck. Entirely too small for the vehicle. 65000 on the vehicle and I am ready to install the 4th set of rotors and pads. Dealerships don the halo and claim no defect in the vehicle. Talk to ex Chevy dealership personnel and you get a different story,the brakes suck because they're too small for the truck.

Clunk again
By kramer-again on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm having the cluck problem again (at 51000 miles)after having a new transmission put in last time among other things (see my previous review). It was corrected for a while. I'm convinced there is a design flaw which cannot be fixed with parts. I'll be getting rid of this thing as soon as the dealership temporarily fixes it again.

99 Tahoe
By BNic61 on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

very good vehicle for family use...spacious..comfortable...good front and rear air.......strong motor..good style

Love My Tahoe
By Teen Driver on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My parents bought this car for me at christmas time. It has 90 thousand miles on it and still runs great. I am 16 years old and love being able to drive it when ever I want. The only problem that I have had with it is the transfer case began to leak so I had to get it sealed. The gas milage is not great, but once you get used to filling up every few days, its ok.

1999 Tahoe LT
By Ancelet on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

This vehicle has met all of our expectations. It is safe and reliable. We would recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a large SUV.

99 Tahoe; Great Choice for Full Size SUV
By ecflagg on 03/03/02 11:26 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Pros: Smooth ride(4X4 models). Plenty of power/cargo space. AutoTrac system provides exceptional stability on slick surfaces; allows economy of 2WD. The tailgate provides maximum flexibility for recreation. Interior ergonomically excellent. Cons: Prod quality in Aug '99 after UAW strike very poor. Fit and finish problems obvious; mechanical problems surfaced. Purchase an extended warranty. Overall: A joy to own. I recommend this vehicle ONLY if you plan to purchase a warranty.

Used 99 Tahoe 4WD LT
By afdsjr on 02/20/02 11:17 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the vehicle used with 38,000 miles. I have taken the Tahoe on a couple of trips and have enjoyed having the V8 and the space. I had the dealership perform the 45,000 mile service on the car. I have noticed only one thing out of the ordinary with my Tahoe. The lights both interior and exterior flicker with the car running. I am not sure what the problem is ,because I have a new battery. Any ideas?

Slippage! But no clunk
By TahoeTeen on 01/30/02 22:27 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My parents bought this Tahoe brand new and we havent had any problems..but about 2 months ago when we took a sharp turn the wheel would slip...felt like it just quit turning then it would come back...but that is our only..problem in fact in Febuary or so we are gettin another Tahoe or suburban...great vehicle to learn in...