Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Never Again
By MONICA

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

We bought this car loving the style and abailible space for hauling sport equipment around. We expected this beautiful car to become the end of our sanity. It would have cost us less in the long run to buy a new car at that time. We had to put in a new trans, new steering and fuel pump, new locks (all broke at the same time), fix the sagging doors ect. All in a matter of 2 years. Still needs some work but we are fresh out of money and don't want the car anymore. What a lemon.

Exterior is beautiful. The interior is comfortable and very roomy. Great radio.

I don't know where to begin. Needs to be a better product all the way around.

Tahoe '99
By riquello99

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

I've had my '99 Tahoe for a year and some change. I was most definitely enjoying it before the gas prices went soaring. Even with over 100k miles, it still has pretty good get up and go. I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 126K but, I was told it failed because of faulty maintenance. It's extremely comfortable inside. Over all I love it.

Make lights brighter and add fog lights as an option.

99 Tahoe
By Jack Wilson

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV

Very comfortable SUV, excellent visability, easy to drive with no rattles, and lots of space for storage. Routine maintenance at dealership, new set of Michelin tires ( P 235-75R-15-105 S ORW ) at 34,000 miles.

Comfortable ride, plenty of room, excellent visability, excellent engine

Side curtains and air bags, Global positioning device

They don't make them like they use to!
By BigRed1

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 99 Tahoe Z71 powered by a LT1/340hp V8 (Yes, its original). Rear axle seals have always been a problem. Finally had to replace the axles. Brakes a huge problem; finally replaced with "greenstuff brakes", the jury is still out on that verdict. Transmission and engine still real strong after 121k miles. It's all the small stuff; power steering pump, alternator, fuel pump. However, try to tow 8000 pounds with your Toyota over the PA mountains! Gas mileage is 14/17. I can only use super unleaded fuel. I had to replace the entire exhaust system because both cats went out at 90k miles. Absolutely crazy; cats usually outlast the vehicle.

340 horsepower; the heated seats are like volcano strength; with fuel flowmaster exhaust and K&N FIPK, the engine really roars.

BRAKES! Try something else. Supercharge the engine.

Sad to see go
By john

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

My experience with this vehicle was very good. It held up very well. We had only minor service or mechanical problems, nothing out of the norm.

We enjoyed the comfortable ride and the visibility. It was roomy.

The brakes were soft. We never had a problem, but had to move the pedal a long distance to get it to stop.

• SUV