1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
The Best
By George III on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Has been a perfect vehicle for me on road, off road, in town or cross country. Mountain snow, desert heat, it doesn't matter.

Great Truck
By James Bond on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My Tahoe has a Monroe Sport Truck conversion package on it and I love it. The truck would be nice even if it didn't have the conversion package.

Road trip!
By Rroo on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The Tahoe has been reliable in every sense. It's great on the highway, and will go anywhere you point it.

Yee Haw -- my lease is almost up!
By almost over! on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

This Tahoe had brake problems within six weeks. Same story that other reviewers have mentioned . . . brake system too small for vehicle. There have been many other problems with this vehicle and I am THRILLED that my lease is almost up!

Great truck, needs brakes
By on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I must admit, I haven't owned it long, but a very good vehicle, EXCEPT for the brakes. Between the increased pedal travel 'till somewhat firm and a mushy pedal beyond that, creates continual uncertainty of having enough room in front of you to stop. Probably because of the 4whl ABS. The dealer checked them out and more than one person at the dealership said "that's the way they are, you have to get used to them". Otherwise it has a drive train which (so far) has been dependable and gets very good gas mileage for its size (16-18 hiway).

By Bailey on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

SO far... this is our dream vehicle! The best feature is the handling ability of the vehicle! In addition, the shift to 4 wheel drive on the fly already saved us on slick ground (rain)!

cluck=transmission
By JACOBS on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I 1st noticed a clunk around 39000, right after my warrenty expired. I got the transmission serviced as required. It came back. Loud this time. I replaced the U-joints. The clunk came back, along with check engine light. Took it in to the dealer, they fixed nothing. 2 miles and $250 later the clunk was back. I had under 60000 when I had the transmission replaced. I spoke with chevy directly on this matter, the number in the Warrenty book, They saw my point. They had me bring in my records as far as maintance, which I kept, b/c I'm anal, and covered the cost of parts($1000) Over all the quality of this vehicle has been suspect.

Transmission Problems
By jpwood on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved this vehicle until the transmission failed twice in 60,000 miles. The first time, it was covered by warranty. The second time it wasn't. According to the mechanics that worked on it, GM made a cheaper gear by welding it rather than machining it. Well it doesn't last. This will be the last GM product I ever buy brand new!!

One of the best trucks around
By Sean T on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is not a small SUV. If you have big jobs or just have to have some room, it fits the bill. You can slide a full sheet of plywood in the back without having to tilt or cut to fit.I Love this truck

The dreaded Clunk
By FLTAHOE on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I recently sold my 99 tahoe, I had the exact clunk that many have written about. The dealer greased, replaced u- joints and replaced the yoke. This made the clunk go away for about 3000 miles, after that it came back again. I was told that there was nothing more that Chevrolet was willing to do...Guess I may go and buy an Expedition.