1999 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Still going
By ad199030 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Tahoe for over 2 years and for the most part I have had only a couple of items go bad. I would say they are normal wear. I would have to say when something goes wrong it can get expensive to fix.

Owner
By scheller on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Great (small) turning radius. Good power. We leased the car for 4 years which is coming to expiration next month. Now we wished we had purchased it in the first place. This is only the second vehicle which I've owned in the past 35 years which I truly enjoy. We never plan on selling it. The other vehicle was a 1974 Camaro. Terrific hauling capacity.

Owner
By scheller on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV

Momma's Baby
By msrotti on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I purchased my baby March 2000 and I have not had not one disappointment!

I LOVE MY TAHOE
By Wyche227 on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm very impressed with the handling and power. The truck is easily driven through tight spaces and on the open road (unlike the bigger Ford Expedition). I suggest installing after-market front brake pads and rotors. Also, I opted for the rear bay doors but I should have purchased one with a barn door with the optional windshield wiper/cleaner.

Love my Tahoe
By jcsuper on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

Have not had a problem except brakes which we replaced at 60 thousand miles.

Love this SUV
By Don Parker on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We have loved this SUV from the start. I've had no problems with this clunk that some talk about -- perhaps because of the 4WD, not sure. Also, ours has the towing package and limited slip differential so that could be reason. The truck is very comfortable and the heated seats in winter and front/rear AC in summer make for enjoyable experience.

Not a bad Big Truck
By BIGRIDER on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am nearing the end of the lease on my 1999 Tahoe. Overall, it has been a very good experience. My payments were quite reasonable due to the high residual value. I did not have any big problems until 4.5 years into the lease. I had to spend $600 to repair a problem with the steering component and with my front hub assembly. Since these were safety items, I had to fork over the dough! My transfer case is leaking, and I may need new brakes, but I refuse to fix all of that with less than 4 months remaining. I think it is a good buy for the amount of vehicle you get.

Lemon in the making!
By JFPToyota on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My problems since I acquired my vehicle less than 2 months ago. Engine stalls and power failure in the middle of an intersection. Learned that battery post busted and battery acid leaked every where. Dealership paid for this one. While Service was fixing battery, Service notice that the Intake Manifold was leaking. Took 3 days before they could even start on it. Warranty Repair Status was screwed up and STILL IS. Waterpump leaking at weep hole. 30 days in the shop is all I need for Lemon Law .. Im a 1/3 of the way there.. . I just noticed today that the rear passenger windows go only a 1/3 of the way down... Can you say Lemon?

I do not like this truck
By dorothy on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I will never buy anything from GM again. My Tahoe only has 50,000 miles on it and it has needed an excessive amount or expensive repairs. When I tried to call GM to tell them about my complaints I realized they have discontinued their customer service number. That says it all!