1999 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Trouble Free Service
By DaveTV on 12/04/04 23:30 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Tahoe has been a wonderful truck. I bought it with 6000 miles and 119,000 miles later it continues to satisfy. The only repair work has been brakes at 80,000 and a fuel pump at 124,000. The car has yet to need a tune up and is still on the original CV joint boots up front. The Tahoe is very comfortable and easy to handle with a relatively short turning radius. The truck has been a great tow vehicle for my fairly heavy 19' ski boat. The 5.7 Vortec with OD tranny performs well while turning in a respectable 17 MPG on the highway. No plans to unload this one anytime soon.

No Probs So Far...knock on wood.
By CrowneRoyal on 11/29/04 13:07 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only had my Tahoe for 8 weeks, but I must say that it is a better vehicle so far than any of my past cars. I love the way that the TV folds down at the punch of a button, therefore the kids can watch TV or play a game without my having to pull over to turn it on. The gas mileage had a lot to improve on, however, I was told that 12-15 mpg was normal for a truck of this size. I look forward to having my truck for many years to come.

1999 Tahoe
By Todd Neu on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Neat simple exterior design. Would change the tailgate to that of a Suburban (2 opening doors). Peppy engine for a SUV.

honey the tahoe is making a funny noise
By don't do it on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got this angel from hell with 48000 on it. Looked great ran great. Since then have done front brakes three times in 40000 miles, manifold gasket, then the kicker it dropped a rod at 72000. BLOWN ENGINE. Cost of ownership has been more than any vehicle I have owned over 30 years. Would not buy another but the way the resale is dropping on this puppy may not be able to unload it. GM was sorry but of no help with the engine problem even with recorded oil changes and maintenence I will not buy one of these again period.

My Chevy
By Markizel on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

This is a great vehicle. Gets great gas mileage for a big vehicle and is comfortable to ride in. It has an extremely smooth ride. Rides like a car, even though it has the heart and soul of a truck.

OK for the most part
By rangermutt on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over two years and have been satisfied but not overjoyed. I swore never to go back to Chevy but needed something large to pack all my kids and belongings for trips. I am disappointed by the poor design/construction including doors that vibrate and don't seal tight, anti- lock brakes that have seldom work and fuel pump that went out while visiting friends in another state. Fortunately I bought the extended warrantee and saved over $500 on the bill! I had hoped to drive this Tahoe until the wheels fell off but with only 88,000 miles that may be sooner rather than later.

Good SUV
By JBL44 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought this Tahoe used in 2001 with about 40K miles on it. Solid body. Great from hauling boats and trailers with its 5.7L V8. Very comfortable on the long trip. Capible of way over 100K miles. Only problems are the random times it doesn't start- 3 times. Had to replace batteries, brakes, and alternators many times.

Solid vehicle
By tgaines14 on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I traded in my truck for this vehicle when baby #3 came along. It has been a very solid vehicle for me. I have had no major problems with it, and I just went over 104,000 miles.

Good Car
By alfreckly on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Very good and reliable car.

4 Years and counting...
By Jay_1970_K5 on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Great looking Truck. Very few 2 doors on the road these days. In 105K miles there have been a few problems. Mass airflow sensor is too delicate so any type of grime causes problems. Since it cannot be cleaned it has to be replaced at $400 a pop. K/N air filter will also cause it problems. Transfer Case sensors and ball bearings wore out too quickly. I believe this is due to the auto 4x4 which I use alot here in CO. Breaks and steering is mushy, always has been. Gaskets for coolent cracked too soon as well. I love my truck, but I love my 1970 K5 better because it lasts longer.