1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Satisfied after reading your problems
By satisfied on 10/12/08 22:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine used to tow a loaded car hauler all over the country. I have driven it places I won`t take my big 4x4. It now has 240000 miles and still going. Regular maintenance on schedule. Never had any major problems untill this year. Radiator, water pump ,and fan all decided to commit suicide within a two month period. The mechanic that replaced everything was amazed at the condition under the circumstance of the heavy duty usuage. Everything was factory except alt., batt., brakes,the usual maintenance parts. One rear axle is going bad and I will be replacing it this week. I have driven this through creeks with water up to the doors and up and down mountains fully loaded. I won`t have anything else.

Tahoe is the alpha dog of SUVs
By Bob on 05/23/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have to say my Tahoe LT (fully loaded) has been a great, great, vehicle. Drivetrain and 5.7 Vortec engine delivers. Plenty of room for people and my Siberian Husky in the back too (who loves the rear A/C) Aggressive BF Goodrich All Terrain T/As (functionally large but not monster truck silly) make Tahoe the big dog in the yard. A balanced truck with Bilstein gas charged shocks that rides like a dream on or off the road. Love the 4WD, towing capabilities, and the heated leather seats. I may not get the best gas mileage at $4.35/gal for Premium, but the power is there when I need it, and will safely win the physics game in the unfortunate event there is a collision.

Chevy on top
By tmacmvp1 on 04/25/08 14:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

I bought my Tahoe about 3 years ago in a as-is condition. It had 80k miles on it at the time. It now has 130k miles. I'm telling you, when I'm driving this truck I feel like the king of the road. Its 5.7 engine chugs the gas but trully delivers when need to. Only problem I had was a bad fuel pump. It had problems turning on when the motor was cold. little by little it got worst until finally I replaced it. cost me $255 with labor (got a deal). Other than that it is comfortable and very roomy! I'm 19 so that actually comes really in handy on the weekends lol. Just being a teenager sorry for the comment. Very good design and reliable at the same time.

Great Vehicle
By Happy on 01/19/08 13:49 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

This vehicle has been good for everything. Very comfortable on long trips. Never had any major mechanical problems. Hauls large equipment weights. Plenty of space. I think it is great

Lemon?
By Renestel on 11/13/07 12:07 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've been reading through these in hopes that I'd get some ideas for what all is going on with mine right now. I bought mine used in 2000-48,000 miles. Granted, I've had the car for almost 8 years. It has been with me for a while. BUT, I've gone through an air conditioning system, 3 fuel pumps, an alternator, ball joints, pigtails, and countless times of not starting, or dying at stop lights. It's at 110,000 right now and I've had it in the shop three times in the last two months. No one can figure out what's going on. Every time I drive it I'm glad I get to my destination if I actually get there. Very unpredicatble vehicle. In cold weather, it totally has a mind of its own.

Tahoe
By dina on 09/01/07 17:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the perfect vehicle for a soccer mom and her 3 soccer stars. We had a bad snow storm last winter close to 5 ft. all the other fancy suvs (a volvo, land cruser and mercedes) were stuck in the banks in the side of the rode as I plowed through 1+ ft. drifts coming back from a birthday party.

My Favorite SUV of All Time.
By Anonymous on 08/22/07 18:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My new Tahoe is one of my most favorite, fun SUV of all times. I recently purchased a used 1999 Tahoe LT Fully Loaded with every dealer option. An after market chrome brush guard and top head lamps compliments it well. The previous owner stocked it up with BF Goodrich Heavy Duty Commercial Tires That hum everywhere I go. It is certainly a head turner in my town. I know I am safe in that vehicle no matter where I go.

My First Car Purchase
By Jr. Acosta on 08/07/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV

I recently purchase my Tahoe and so far, it's been OK. The shiny red color really stands out there along with the performance tires. I took it to the dealership to fix the grinding and clunking noise from the brakes and the alignment and shaking. It was covered under warranty. It stinks that I had to stick with the 30 day, 1000 mile warranty. ( Don't stick with these types of warranties car shoppers!)The grinding noise is gone but I still have the clunking sound. I'm not sure what this could be.... I also hear a clunking from the axle when I acccelerate or shift gears. It tend to shake a little bit when I'm going at speed of 85+MPH. The interior is very comfortable. Happy with my purchase.

Job Well Done
By jdsax85 on 06/14/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

In the past year, I have commuted 100 miles a day to school, 5,000 miles in three months of training, and have turned my Tahoe into my rolling office. Ride quality on the highway is superb, an estimated gas mileage of 18 mpg. If head gaskets, air conditioning sensors, and factory CD player haven't been replaced yet, expect to do so. The seats are incredibly comfortable and there is was enough room for four adult males and their gear during our three months of training. Several people have commented on the ride quality and feel it is better than their Z71 pick-ups or even 2004 F-150 with the suspension outside the frame. Well-built vehicle and would highly reccomend.

Great Truck... Last 6 years so far
By 79Dawg on 06/13/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

I've owned this car since March of 2001 and it has been a joy. I do a lot of driving (135k miles in 6 yrs) and it has held up to all the abuse. Only problems I've had were the manifold gasket and the fuel pump. Both happened in the last two years (130,000 miles and up). It does eat up brakes, but it is a 3-ton vehicle... Chevy realized this and changed for the next model year (along with tire size). Engine is unbelievable. No problems with 158k miles on it. Runs as well as when I bought it with 23k. No problem pulling the large U-Haul trailer, fully loaded, from Ga to D.C. in 2006 with 150k on it. Handles great on and off road. Turning radius is great. Better than wife's 2005 Equinox