1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
2 Door Tahoes are awesome
By JW on 04/18/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I love the size, the design, the features. The only negative I can see is the gas mileage is about 13-14 in town.

Been good to me
By Steve on 12/13/06 11:29 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV 2dr SUV 4WD

Have enjoyed this vehicle so much I'm going to put new tires on it and go for another 50K miles at least. Wish the mileage was better but it gets me where I want to be on and off road. Put my son in the '96, wife drives a 2002. Would like to get a new vehicle, but can't decide which one to go for. Lots of room and comfortable.

best I have Owned
By Roy on 12/03/05 15:43 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought new in 98 and love it. It has always turned heads. I bought the copper color and am glad. I have not seen any exactly like it in the 8 years that I have owned it. To date I have put on 2 alternators, one water pump, a lower ball joint, and the speed sensitive steering device and that's all. Wonderful SUV. Everybody tells me to not sell it, keep it. But one day I may. The paint still looks new and shiny. When we go somewhere someone always makes a comment on how good it looks. I love it.

Tahoe - What a great SUV
By burt13 on 08/18/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

I have a 98 Tahoe which I bought in 99 with 22,000 miles. It now has 110,000 miles on it. I have had to have a few things done to it like have the brake master cylinder replaced, a new alternator and the lower gasket seal replaced. In addition the transmission slider bar snapped which needed replacing, strip down of transmission! Although I have had to replace these items over the last 6 years, the Tahoe has been great to drive, especially on our long haul trips to see family in other states. Nothing like the roominess this vehicle has. Iam getting ready to trade her in and will be sad to do so, but with the rising cost of gas these days and the currents offers now is a good time.

Surprise Surprise!
By MarJan42 on 05/01/05 18:24 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

After towing a trailer of furniture from VA to NJ the transmission is shot! 2nd time towing a trailer and is very disappointed that it broke down without any indications in MD. Now I have to put out big bucks to have it replaced before I get it home to VA. This SUV has less than 82,000 miles on it and I have owned it for less than 3 months. Purchased it because it was suppose to be able to handle towing.

Nice truck!!!!
By Griffin on 03/13/05 19:55 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Tahoe when it was only 6 months old. We instantly fell in love with it. It now has 100,000 miles on it and we have no plans on getting rid of it! It plows through anything and is invaluable in the snow! We were thankful of our 5 year warranty, though. The master brake cylinder went out at about 80k, the U-joints went out twice, and all new brakes. It's ironic, though, because since the warranty expired, there has been no problems for a few years! It is the best there is for towing, off-road, and driving around town. Tahoes are hit or miss. You either get lucky with a very good one, like us, or you end up with a real lemon. Be careful, and good luck!

Great Vehicle
By pirate90 on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent overall vehicle for family trips and outdoor events - Roomy, Powerfull and good fuel economy given its size. I have put 100k miles on it since purchase and just now starting to need some repoairs at 142K!

quality machine
By j.anderson on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

A very functional SUV. Never had any serious problems over 6 years. Very roomy interior and great interstate vehichle.

First Timers
By Mark Cuccaro on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I drove this vehicle daily back and forth from worcester, ma to warwick, ri (52 miles one way). i estimate that on average i drive about 150 miles/day. it had been very reliable until i got up to the 120,000 mile marker where things started to get very expensive. as far as just "underhood" work goes, EVERYTHING from the head gaskets up i have replaced at least twice. blew the tranny and t-case at the same time around 145,000. but other then that, it was great

1998 Tahoe LT 4Dr 4wd
By witterda on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

On long trips, I can't get over how comfortable the seat is. I never get tired of driving...