1997 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Tahoe Breakhoe

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Tahoe Breakhoe
By Tahoe Crap on

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Where do I start? I got mine 11-24-1998 and if I wasn't a very mechanical guy I would've gone mad by now. It would be a great vehicle if it wasn't breaking all the time. The list of things that broke are: Fuel-pump at 40K, Intake manifold gaskets 2X, Transmission at 80K, Front rotors continually warp- inadequately-braked vehicle, Water pump, Radiator, Interior plastic parts galore-Sun visor vanity mirrors R/L, Right side electric mirror, Alternator 3X, Rear cargo door strap, Rear speaker, Paint on hood and top shot, Dog tracking problem, Grill plastic parts are all breaking, Wiper pulse board. I am a bit remiss to not remember everything. If I ever sell it, it will have everything corrected.

Favorite Features

Ride Comfort, Exterior Styling. Easy to get parts for, but hey, when there are so many of them and they all break, lots of vendors make parts for them.

Suggested Improvements

Take a lesson from the Japanese. I've taken Toyotas and Hondas apart and they are far superior in quality. But then, most people don't realize that GM purposely builds their vehicles with breakage in mind. In engineering it's called MTBFR (Meantime Between Failure Rate.) It's all in the materials.