1997 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Many repairs with this puppy!!

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

Many repairs with this puppy!!
By M&L817 on

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am an ASE master tech. All my vehicles are maintained religiously. I purchased my Tahoe brand new. It is a love/hate relationship. At 31,000 the car quit on the road due to battery post failure. It spewed acid all over the R/F brake line. At 43,000 miles, the transmission failed. It was 8 mos out of warranty. Chevrolet's response was I should have purchased an entended warranty. Now at 52,000 the intake manifold leaks. I have replaced the rear pinion seal,wiper motor,water pump,front brake rotors,the idler arm, and last week the transmission valve body again.

Very roomy, fun to drive (when I am not repairing it), perfect for long trips and holds just about anything.

Just because I know how to fix it doesn't mean I want to. I pity these other posters who have to take their vehicles to the dealer for repairs. GM should stop denying these vehicles have common problems and help us out. It would go a long way toward repeat customers.