Best SUV on the Market in 1997
By Nick L on
1997 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD
I have had a good experience with my Tahoe, I have put in about $2500 in general maintenance about 1600 was labor. I put on a new water pump, alternator, brakes and cleaned the fuel injector, as well as other general maintenance. For 116,500 miles you figure that replacements parts will be needed. Very dependable. Will get new shocks soon, as I am starting to bounce. The platform is old but my 97 rides and handles better than my dads 01 Expedition Eddie Bauer. It is also quieter and the seats are more comfy. I gave it a 4 for fuel economy other than that it's a great vehicle.
Favorite Features
Size! Ride is good, and has good power. My body never gets tired after driving long hours. The seats are very comfortable. The cargo area is big enough for my to dogs.
Suggested Improvements
I have heard of problems for the fuel pump going out. My mechanic told me to keep the gas tank a a quarter full, as the gas keeps it cool. I wish Chevy would get rid of cheap plastic as some of my moldings have cracked. Also fit and finish, Why can't the Big 3 keep up with Honda and Toyota?