1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great for just about anything

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Review

Great for just about anything
By ladymgr59 on

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought my 1996 Tahoe in 2009 with 124,000 with the vortex V8. We are now in 2012, I now have 224,000 miles & driving it everyday. Work out of state and no worries about it failing yet. We have taken long trips, with extra people, camped in it, hauled motorcycles, and trailers. Now l will be pulling a camper. Great Truck as I call it. No leak at all, Have had to replace the usual maintenance like brakes, water pump, alternator, starter, fuel pump, tires. Never had any trouble with motor or trans. All power interior works like new. Runs strong.

Favorite Features

The ride and comfort are great. Many people who have owned one all agree that the 5.7 V8 vortex is a strong and dependable motor. I hope to get another 100,000 before trading.

Suggested Improvements

The air conditioning could be strong with more vent for passengers in the 2nd row. When very hot out even in the front seat gets a little warm at times. Wish it had Bluetooth radio for cell phone use, but can be change easily.