Good as new!
By Butch on
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV
I bought my '96 Tahoe, 4 door 2 wheel drive LT, brand new. It was easily the best vehicle of its type at the time. And I think it is still the best vehicle of its type after all these years. Masculine look. Heavier than the new SUV's that get blown around in the wind. It is a "truck"! I have used Mobil 1 5w30 Syn in it since about 25,000 miles. It now has over 130,000 miles. The inside of the engine looks like new. It does not use any oil. I have went as many as 8,000 miles between oil changes, but never more than a year. Mobil 1 fluids also in the transmission and rear end. Also syns in the brakes and steering pump. Valvoline. Truck still looks and drives almost like new. 22 mpg highway.
Favorite Features
Big seats. Big space for legs. Big space in rear for stuff. With seat down more room than any other SUV, period. I am 6'1 and can sleep completely stretched out on a perfectly flat surface with the rear seats down.
Suggested Improvements
At 100,000 miles replaced the upper manifold gasket, fuel injectors, water pump, alternator, battery, hoses, belt, O-ring for oil filter bracket, spark plugs & wires & cap, brake pads. Fuel filter every 15 to 20,000 miles. Spray throttle body cleaner twice a year and mass cleaner. Runs like new.