1996 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great Go-Anywhere Truck
By kirkivich on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I am convinced that this is the all time best SUV\Truck ever built. I was 17 and i beat the hell out of it for about a year and a half before i grew up, the truck never even blinked an eye. It has monster HP and Torque, i did a few modifications and the HP is around 330 now and the torqu about 400 ft\lbs, destroys a lot of sports cars. Being a very wide truck it handels like a dream, never been a problem, the back wheels will spin before the truck flips over. It has got me through everything, ski trips in nor' easters, 4 foot blizzards, beach driving, some heavy off-roading i'm sure GM wouldn't like even a flood with water over the hood!!!

Great Go-Anywhere Truck
By GM Lover on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Farewell GM
By Dallas Driver on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV

Very good experience to a point. Vehicle is 7 yrs old, only 42,000 mi. Front passenger seat EZ release cable breaks frequently resul;ting in 2hr labor fee. Now a head gasket is leaking. Have been told this is common to this engine. Had a shifting sensor go out at 26,000 mi. Battery tray problem resulted in leaking battery and corrosion.My previous SUV was an '89 K5 Blazer-paint peeled,factory engine defect resulted in engine overhaul at 81,000 mi and tranny went out at 90,000mi. all at my cost. Chevy engines seem to have built in problems.

safe, reliable and tough
By ROLO on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

i have ad this vehicle for 7 years now-- -its about time to get a new one, but i have a hard time getting rid of this one--i still love it. it had had a few problems --ex--bad intake manifold gasket--at 6 years---$25 part with much labor--other than that no real problems except for normal wear and tear---i have 93000 miles and still going strong- -its a beast in the snow and great for towing--i would get another TAHOE---but not if prices keep getting out of reach.

Lovemytruck!
By MacDaddy on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I bought this truck to upgrade from a Ford Explorer and never looked back. I have had no major problems with this truck. It has been a pleasure to drive as my primary vehicle. I love this truck and would recommend it to anyone. One thing I'd recommend is changing the original tires (235/70/16) to (255/70/16) they are wider and taller. It made the best difference in ride and handling. If you can get your hands on a good used Tahoe in good condition, grab and hang on to it!

great truck
By skyman on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

102,000 miles with only one major repair when an injector failed. Great truck, holds so much more than any suv of it's time. I would highly recomend this truck.

GREAT TAHOE
By quorum on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

i'm 16 and i just got my tahoe for x- mas. so far it's been fun to drive on and off road. having no problems with over 100000 miles.

Roys Rating
By Royoftex on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had few problems with my Tahoe and this was unexpected being I bought it used with close to 70000 miles, but I am extremely pleased with the performance.

I LOVE MY TAHOE
By Go4everFst on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 2dr SUV

I could not be more happy with my 96 2Dr Sport. I have a DVD player and a system that Snoop Dog would say turn that down. but i could not have asked for a better truck.

Great truck
By me343 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD