1995 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: Tow and Go

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 2dr SUV (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Tow and Go
By doctorjim on

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Purchased used with 16k mi, now 162k. A great vehicle for me, as I have driven it to work every day since. I've been deer hunting in Alabama and duck hunting in Arkansas, driving to areas that my friends were pulling ATVs to access. Tows my boat (3300 lbs) without a whimper. I was recently asked to pull out my friend's boat on a dirt private ramp when his full size pickup failed. There is no substitute for horsepower and 4WD! Had to replace water pump at 120k and master brake cylinder at 150k. Back seat is a hastle for car seats, but if your kids are booster-sized or older then you're home free. Not really accessible for elderly parents, though. Gas mileage: 11-13 tow/city, maybe 15 hwy.

Reliability. My wife (Chrysler owner) recently stated, "I don't want another American car. We're getting a Honda or Toyota ... unless we can find a Chevrolet I like, because we haven't ever had to do anything to yours." Also love being able to go anywhere, regardless of weather.

It could use better electronics (stereo), seat adjustment options, and the rear seat is spacious but hard to access and not real comfortable for adults on long trips. However, the truck does exactly what a 2DR 4WD is supposed to do, and it does it for a long time.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review