1995 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: A very decent used 4x4

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

A very decent used 4x4
By eric james on

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I've only owned my 95 tahoe a few months. I wanted to upgrade from my old rusty 91 GMC Jimmy with 240,000 miles. I got it way less than what the dealer wanted. $2,800. I had cash and he was ready to take it. Only 138,000 miles and it runs perfect. I did have to replace all 4 tires and the front shocks but I expected that from test driving it. Never drove it in snow yet but in mud from hard rain it went right through it, plenty of interior room and comfortable. I did replace the original 245/75-16 tires with 265/75-16 tires. A little wider and about 1 1/4 inch taller. I gained a mile a gallon from that. It's really a great vehicle for its age. Plenty of room inside and to work under the hood if repairs were needed. I love the standard 350 engine. Plenty of power and it's the most common engine ever to replace or buy parts for.

Lots of interior room. Attractive looking for a 13 year old vehicle. Very comfortable ride. Decent mileage for an older large vehicle, I'm getting 14 mpg. Using premium gas, and I don't hammer the gas a lot. But I live in the Ozarks so it's a lot of hills and twisty roads.